Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Film] "Long Range" with .22LR

[Film] "Long Range" with .22LR

A short film of setting my 10/22 up to shoot "long range".

You need to come play with us. We shoot at shotgun hulls off hand at 100m, empty 40 S&W casings from the bench. You'd have fun!~Muir

That does sound fun. I'll be stretching the range much further on this rifle when I get the chance, hence "Part 1".

How do you find the Ruger 10/22 ... I just put in for a 22lr again and am not sure between one and a bolt action CZ

I think Thomas Haugland would be proud his film style has been copied.

"If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd90 View Post
    How do you find the Ruger 10/22 ... I just put in for a 22lr again and am not sure between one and a bolt action CZ
    if you want to trick it up. (this is a term used when you have to spend a boat load of dosh to get the rifle to operate/shoot properly in the first place.) so IMO: i would stay with a bolt action CZ 22lr, i personaly have had nothing but cr@p semi autos and would only possess one to hold a door open with.

bob.

ps: nice film by the way,
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by scotch_egg View Post
    I think Thomas Haugland would be proud his film style has been copied.

I know Thomas personally... he's a teacher and inspiration of mine

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd90 View Post
    The 10/22 is okay. It's very reliable, functionally accurate, the flush 10rd mags are very functional, and there is a large aftermarket. If I were to be buying today I would consider a Browning T-bolt (straight pull bolt action, 10rd helical flush fit mags) or finding a used T/C R55 (very nice quality semi-auto, discontinued though. I have one currently that I shoot with iron sights).

I would agree with bobjs, I think I've tried pretty well every semi 22LR available, the best I found for accuracy is my CZ512 and that surprised me, it really is very good with Eley subs, absolute rubbish with the usual excellent winchesters though.

By far the worst for accuracy was a 10/22 with all the goodies, it was truly dreadfuL