Gen 3 NV

Yes indeed, there are various options, however if you are based in New Zealand there are strict export controls in placing regarding the supply of any image intensifier weapon sights, and any hand held image intensifers above Gen 1 to customers outside the UK.

Starlight for example make 3rd Gen Archers and Longbow's

Starlight Night Vision Systems

Best Regards

Scott Country Sales Team

I have used a dedicated Gen 2 scope for the last 8 years. Last week I purchased a Laser genetics ND3x50 Laser Designator. In essence it is a torch that produces a green light which sits atop one`s scope. For 350 pounds you can turn your day scope into a night vision scope. I tested mine on Monday in the garden and was shocked at the clarity. It was as clear if not clearer than my dedicated unit which cost almost 10 times the price of the ND3x50...........I will be trying it out tomorrow on the pigs and will let you know how I get on.

Do a web search on them..........and save yourself some money!

http://www.lasergenetics.com/nd3x50-sub-zero-laser-designator.aspx

I have used a dedicated Gen 2 scope for the last 8 years. Last week I purchased a Laser genetics ND3x50 Laser Designator. In essence it is a torch that produces a green light which sits atop one`s scope. For 350 pounds you can turn your day scope into a night vision scope. I tested mine on Monday in the garden and was shocked at the clarity. It was as clear if not clearer than my dedicated unit which cost almost 10 times the price of the ND3x50...........I will be trying it out tomorrow on the pigs and will let you know how I get on.

Do a web search on them..........and save yourself some money!

http://www.lasergenetics.com/nd3x50-sub-zero-laser-designator.aspx

its probably me being thick but I don't understand how having a green torch is comparable to NV? Does the laser produce light in the visible spectrum?

its probably me being thick but I don't understand how having a green torch is comparable to NV? Does the laser produce light in the visible spectrum?

Yes. I am no expert but green light is more visible than yellow or white light as I understand it. Dedicated NV scopes or monoculars show appear to be green when looking through them with the exception of Digital NV which which displays black and white images.

a green flashlight isn't night vision[/

i never said that it was. The ND3 is a laser that emits a green light which gives you the impression that you are looking through an NV device. Apart from saving a tonne of cash, the ND3 allows you to convert your day scope to an NV scooe with relative ease. I own several Gen 2 devices and can clearly state that the nd3 is as good if not better than Gen2. I can't comment on Gen 3 but if I was spending the money again, I would opt for the nd3 for the reasons above.......

If Gen 3 is your thing, all the best with your selection.

a green flashlight isn't night vision[/ i never said that it was. The ND3 is a laser that emits a green light which gives you the impression that you are looking through an NV device. Apart from saving a tonne of cash, the ND3 allows you to convert your day scope to an NV scooe with relative ease. I own several Gen 2 devices and can clearly state that the nd3 is as good if not better than Gen2. I can't comment on Gen 3 but if I was spending the money again, I would opt for the nd3 for the reasons above....... If Gen 3 is your thing, all the best with your selection.

I suppose in the same way that normal daylight is better than any NV out there including the latest toys not available to us civvies.

Any lamp will allow you to shoot at night, red, green or pink for that matter and all considerably less than £350. Plus I for one will not be using any laser with magnifying optics any time soon. :scared: I value my eyes, and cataracts in later life are on my "avoid" list.

Surely what Gen tube you have is only part of the equation as to the sights suitability for vermin control. Like you, I have had Gen 2+ that was so bad you could not see a Roe size beast, standing in a corn field 70yds in front of you.

ATB

So if I put green cellophane sweetie wrappers over my eyes I will be able to see at night!! Excellent, pass the Quality Street.... Damn I don't like the green ones:rofl:

Back