Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Zeiss 20% discont on scopes and binoculars

  1. #1

    Zeiss 20% discont on scopes and binoculars

    I have seen an advert from Zeiss that they now offer 20% discont on selected scopes (Classic Diavari and Diatal as I remember correctly) and binoculars (Conquest line I think...). I think the advert was in Sporting Rifle or Shooting Times, but I cannot find any dealer offering this discount. I also cannot find this info on the offcial Zeiss website. Anyone have seen the advert and can point me to the dealer or better a web shop?

    Thanks,
    Greg

  2. #2
    Hi Greg

    Is THIS what you mean?

    John

  3. #3
    Yes, it says 20% off, but........
    ...the first retail price seems to be quite high

    Thanks John

    Greg

  4. #4
    Don't waste your time with UK dealers. Zeiss UK raised their prices by approx 20% at the start of the year so they're doing you no favours.

    Buy from this guy - his service is great.
    http://www.eurooptic.com/

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun
    Don't waste your time with UK dealers. Zeiss UK raised their prices by approx 20% at the start of the year so they're doing you no favours.

    Buy from this guy - his service is great.
    http://www.eurooptic.com/
    Glogin - Scotsgun's advice may be spot on, but I'd be surprised if a US retailer such as Eurooptic can really match a keen UK price. I got them to quote for a Schmidt scope earlier this year and when carriage, import duty and VAT were added it was cheaper and quicker to buy from York Guns. It's a similar story with e-Bay purchases from the US - ticket price looks attractive, but add the extras and oh dear...

    As for aggressive discounters on binoculars, I've found Ace Optics in Green Street, Bath, to be good. The deal I got last year on 7x42 Leica HDs was exceptional - beating allcomers on the Web - but I had to go in person and haggle with a smile on my face.

    Hope my experience helps you.

  6. #6
    Got to disagree with you there Kevin - i've bought both a Zeiss and a kahles scope from Eurooptics recently and have saved quite a bit. You just have to carefully calculate the purchase cost, carriage and duty before ordering

  7. #7

    Re: Zeiss 20% discont on scopes and binoculars

    Quote Originally Posted by glogin
    I have seen an advert from Zeiss that they now offer 20% discont on selected scopes (Classic Diavari and Diatal as I remember correctly) and binoculars (Conquest line I think...). I think the advert was in Sporting Rifle or Shooting Times, but I cannot find any dealer offering this discount. I also cannot find this info on the offcial Zeiss website. Anyone have seen the advert and can point me to the dealer or better a web shop?

    Thanks,
    Greg
    Greg -

    What was the outcome here? You got us all wound up with the prospect of optical porn and...no money shot, as they say.

    Rgds.

    KevinF.

  8. #8

    Re: Zeiss 20% discont on scopes and binoculars

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinF
    Quote Originally Posted by glogin
    I have seen an advert from Zeiss that they now offer 20% discont on selected scopes (Classic Diavari and Diatal as I remember correctly) and binoculars (Conquest line I think...). I think the advert was in Sporting Rifle or Shooting Times, but I cannot find any dealer offering this discount. I also cannot find this info on the offcial Zeiss website. Anyone have seen the advert and can point me to the dealer or better a web shop?

    Thanks,
    Greg
    Greg -

    What was the outcome here? You got us all wound up with the prospect of optical porn and...no money shot, as they say.

    Rgds.

    KevinF.
    Kevin,

    No porn as yet. However, there is Zeiss 4.5-14x50 Conquest on its way from the US. I could not justify spending almost twice the price on diavari series scope... I will post some pictures when I finally have it.
    I also considered new Meopta Meostar 3-12x56 with new illuminated reticule in second focal plane, but after distributor finally got it from Czech Republic, the price was not as attractive as I thought. I could have bought it 200 cheaper when I was on holiday in Poland...

    Greg

  9. #9
    I bought a Conquest 1.8-5.5 on evilbay earlier this year - 300 landed.

    I am fairly sure this is an American spec American made model - reticle is in the send focal plane (sensibly......)

    I have not used it too much so far - it was bought as a way of getting a suitable scope for the occassional continental pig shooting foray and at the same time remaining useable for deer. I do have a few other rifles but you just never know.........

    The only problem was that it came with a stupid spindly duplex reticle - no use to man nor beast. It was duly posted off to Wetzlar and returned with the correct grating fitted (and seems to be pretty perfectly done) several months later for about e120.

    I think job well done but its having its first outing (does and sika) tomorrow attached to the 7'08.

    I friend of mine has imported (in a suitcase) several 3-9 Conquests and says they are great - $450 in Denver.

Similar Threads

  1. Zeiss Rangefinder Binoculars
    By golspie15 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 15-12-2009, 10:55
  2. Zeiss v Leica Binoculars
    By TonyC in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 15:27
  3. For Sale Zeiss Victory TFL 7 x 42 Green Binoculars
    By Hillbilly in forum Optics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31-07-2009, 21:36
  4. Zeiss 7x42 BGAT Classic Binoculars
    By Heym SR20 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-12-2008, 21:08
  5. How to keep scopes and binoculars dry in Scotland
    By Heym SR20 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-12-2007, 21:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •