Thread: Tracking shoes

Tracking shoes

I would like to make some tracking shoes asthe ones I see advertised are a little expensive at circa 100. does anyone in staffs area or going to the midland game fair have a set i could look at/ measure? a cheek but if you don't ask? MJ
    Supporting the BRITISH DEER SOCIETY

Wot is 100 ...when you could hav a good dog for it's life

but I could bring mine along to the midlands for you to look at and give you a few thoughts if you like
    Kind regards
    ​richard

I bought a pair of these ones. They are 60 new and I have no complaints with them whatsoever.

http://www.keithshighseats.co.uk/products/scentshoes/

Quote Originally Posted by stone View Post
    Wot is 100 ...when you could hav a good dog for it's life

but I could bring mine along to the midlands for you to look at and give you a few thoughts if you like
    Kind regards
    ​richard
    Richard being a tight b and have the oportunity to get ally/stainless welding done it makes sence to see if I could make my own. if you are talking about the ones on the recent D4D daybring them along to the BDS tent if you would. Thanks Ian

Quote Originally Posted by david1976 View Post
    I bought a pair of these ones. They are 60 new and I have no complaints with them whatsoever.

http://www.keithshighseats.co.uk/products/scentshoes/

​Same as mine...

Keep an eye on ebay and other forums, I got a spare pair of the lightweight purpose built german model for not a lot of cash, less than 20 posted

I also made my own pair (before getting the lighter german shoes) mostly out of aluminium channel.
    A doddle to make really, here's a few pics to give you an idea, they work great, tywraps or jubilee clamps will keep any deer/boar leg on the aft channel and they are fully adjustable and really easy to walk in.

You get the idea anyway

Hope that helps

Rb

Quote Originally Posted by rigboot View Post
    Keep an eye on ebay and other forums, I got a spare pair of the lightweight purpose built german model for not a lot of cash, less than 20 posted

I also made my own pair (before getting the lighter german shoes) mostly out of aluminium channel.
    A doddle to make really, here's a few pics to give you an idea, they work great, tywraps or jubilee clamps will keep any deer/boar leg on the aft channel and they are fully adjustable and really easy to walk in.

You get the idea anyway

Hope that helps

Rb
    thats more like it. Thanks jb something to work on.

MJ