Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swanndri

Swanndri

Anyone tried a Swanndri ranger shirt/top for stalking, do they take on water?Looked through this section & not seen any users.Steve.

Yes they get wet but Swannis stay warm. Bruce Potts is a big fan and had to be prised out of his for his wedding day.

Original bush shirt is the one mate. Wish I'd had one years ago.

Regards

Gareth

swandri

me and my son have about 6 of them and used to wear nothing else they are very hard wearing and warm but do let water after a real soaker of a day . I wear one beating most of the time as they seem indistuctable and last for ever but i have 2 that the arms worn through caused by crawling through heather and other crap stalking in the highlands . If the price is right go for it my first one cost about 30 i think well worth it

Can they be treated, say with a spray on nikwax type of stuff?

I have one I wear in winter but, it's the ranger extreme with hydrotex lining so doesn't let any water in.

Very well made and pretty much indestructable but I can only wear it when it's really cold as it's so warm.

I bought from swandri direct but, it may cost you a tenner in customs duty.

ATB
    Moses

Don't treat it with anything. It'll let in some water until the fibres expand - so it'll remain dampish but very warm.

If you watch the Australian/NZ auction sites, you'll occassionally see unissued Swandri army shirts and jackets. They're in DPM but the same patterns and materials as those sold to civvies.

Swanni no longer supply the N.Z army, the Chinese supply them now ! their getting in everywhere
    They have laid off aload of staff.
    We see the owner at the local Ag show, he likes to meet people and chat and likes to see whats happening at the shows.

Is the Swazi stuff a completely different animal?

swazi & sandri are seperate companies.

Swandri's are great, they are tried and tested by the kiwis and have been proven kit for years, I've had bush & ranger shirts for years, I picked up a Merino wool smock a few years ago in NZ, it's absolutely brilliant .

evil bay have a few new swandri's at pretty good prices although I've never bought from there.

Quote Originally Posted by bambislayer
    swazi & sandri are seperate companies.

Swandri's are great, they are tried and tested by the kiwis and have been proven kit for years, I've had bush & ranger shirts for years, I picked up a Merino wool smock a few years ago in NZ, it's absolutely brilliant .

evil bay have a few new swandri's at pretty good prices although I've never bought from there.
    Ebay had one less as of monday last Still waiting for it though