Thread: Zeiss Duralyt 3-12x50 IR - Returned after 200 rounds on .223

Zeiss Duralyt 3-12x50 IR - Returned after 200 rounds on .223

Evening all,

Just sent my scope back to Zeiss. Less than two years on top of my .223 and it just went out of focus.

On the range three weeks ago, zeroing going well and after about 15 round the scope went out of focus. Thought it was my eyes initially so packed up and went home. Further investigation revealed the scope was out of focus at all magnifications.

Anyone else had any issues with Zeiss Duralyt?

Anyone have any idea how long the scope will take to come back from Zeiss? I sent it on 12th August and have heard nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by unclenorm View Post
    Evening all,

Just sent my scope back to Zeiss. Less than two years on top of my .223 and it just went out of focus.

On the range three weeks ago, zeroing going well and after about 15 round the scope went out of focus. Thought it was my eyes initially so packed up and went home. Further investigation revealed the scope was out of focus at all magnifications.

Anyone have any idea how long the scope will take to come back from Zeiss? I sent it on 12th August and have heard nothing!
    Yes I had a problem with a Duralyt, I spent 12hrs in a highseat in the p1ssing rain whilst waiting for a CWD buck which never showed up and the next day the scope was fogging up on the inside............I sent it back to Zeiss and it returned to me, mended, after about 3 weeks, with no charge. I was very happy with the repair and have had no problems since.

That's good that the scope was fixed without problem. I'll look forward to getting it back soon! Cheers.

Very sad news today.........the problem has returned to my scope and it will have to be sent back to Zeiss again! I am actually a bit annoyed now because the repair obviously was not good enough. All this sending back and forth is a nuisance. I have purchased a new Nikko Sterling scope now as I cannot be without a fully functioning rifle.

The red dot stopped working on mine after a couple of months. I returned it to Swillington Shoting Supplies. I had bought it from them. They sent me a brand new scope within a couple of weeks, that was about twenty months ago and I have had no problems since.

just bought a new one, seen it advertised dirt cheap, not had it on a rifle yet, fingers crossed...

I had a problem with water ingress on my Duralyt after about 16 months of ownership sent it back to Zeiss, had it returned to me within 3 weeks been wicked since...

It seem these be all singing and dancing optics are not as well built as they should be. Recently there has been a number of posts about problems with new high end optics.

I would be very ......................................... very unhappy about this. One more reason to buy older optics .

Quote Originally Posted by unclenorm View Post
    Evening all,

Erm, have you tried calling them to ask if they received and how long it would take?

Quote Originally Posted by Milligan View Post
    Erm, have you tried calling them to ask if they received and how long it would take?
    C'mon now what is it with the logical bit? ....................... Hmmmmm!