Thread: Tikka 595 laminated stock

Tikka 595 laminated stock

As title

Has anyone got a surplus Tikka 595 laminated stock for sale, please.
    TIA
    Tom

ah, so close! I burned one earlier as I was out of kindling...LOL..why not use 'real' wood? :-)

The only place I could get one was Richards microfit, be warned and prepared for a lot of finishing, inlet is ok but they forgot (or don't bother) to inlet for the recoil lug, tooling marks look like they were done with some sort of hybrid angle grinder/chisel/axe set on high. I really happy with mine now but it took a lot of effort and time (and bad language and a few tears) to get what I wanted. GRS do one but thats expensive, not sure if Joe West do them but they will be more expensive than the richards. If you want a project get one, but have decent tools to hand (random orbit sander, dremel and devcon)

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akeld View Post
    The only place I could get one was Richards microfit, be warned and prepared for a lot of finishing, inlet is ok but they forgot (or don't bother) to inlet for the recoil lug, tooling marks look like they were done with some sort of hybrid angle grinder/chisel/axe set on high. I really happy with mine now but it took a lot of effort and time (and bad language and a few tears) to get what I wanted. GRS do one but thats expensive, not sure if Joe West do them but they will be more expensive than the richards. If you want a project get one, but have decent tools to hand (random orbit sander, dremel and devcon)

a nice reply about just how much work is needed to get these stocks to look good, when i got my last 243(tikka 590, same as a 595) i had a old scaby wooden stock on it so i looked into the stocks mentioned and for the life of me i can't deal with wood so opted for a black synthetic 590/595 stock, i have never looked back as its maintenance free and will not get dinks in it easily,(but now i wish i had kept the wooden one as i fancy wood on mine).

best of luck in the search as i have not yet see a stock priced at what i would be willing to pay for a bit of wood.

bob.

have a look here, but sit down when you ask how much.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...51773540,d.ZG4
    Last edited by bobjs; 05-09-2013 at 20:12.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

We make many 595 stocks, anything you want.
    ​Dorg

Quote Originally Posted by Joe West Riflestocks View Post
    We make many 595 stocks, anything you want.
    ​Dorg
    What sort of price does a thumbhole varmit come out at tikka 690 LA?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by multiman View Post
    What sort of price does a thumbhole varmit come out at tikka 690 LA?
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...51773540,d.ZG4

bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Many thanks Bob I did'nt know how to do that.
    ​Dorg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe West Riflestocks View Post
    Many thanks Bob I did'nt know how to do that.
    ​Dorg
    thats fine big man, just wish i had the cash to have you make me one for my 590, it would need to be able to be used with both left and right handed as i shoot using both, medium barrel dia as the 6mm br would have a medium barrel.

stop stop stop. i have not even sold the 20 tac yet, oh and that would look so cool in one of your stocks as well.

god i need to go to bed this is killing me.

bob.