Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Dsc 2 up to date training DVD?

  1. #1

    Dsc 2 up to date training DVD?

    Hello lads i got an old DVD that is to show you how to gralloch for the dsc 2 iv since heard its out of date and not the way its to be done anymore, i can't find an up to date one so any help would be appreciated on where to find a DVD which shows the way in which to gralloch a deer etc for the dsc 2 now, thanks.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakies View Post
    Hello lads i got an old DVD that is to show you how to gralloch for the dsc 2 iv since heard its out of date and not the way its to be done anymore, i can't find an up to date one so any help would be appreciated on where to find a DVD which shows the way in which to gralloch a deer etc for the dsc 2 now, thanks.
    Have you tried the BDS or BASC?

    There's quite a good one that some kind soul put on YouTube too

  3. #3
    Sorry tried to post link, but anyway it's by Roestalker and called 'How I gralloch a deer '

    hope that helps

  4. #4
    Thanks mate ill have a look when I'm on the comp, I've got one I think it's from the bds but its old and outdated now I was told.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakies View Post
    Thanks mate ill have a look when I'm on the comp, I've got one I think it's from the bds but its old and outdated now I was told.
    I'm in exactly the same position!

    btw on a related subject and in case you haven't got it, the BDS Field Guide to Deer Diseases is excellent

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakies View Post
    iv since heard its out of date and not the way its to be done anymore,
    There is no right or wrong way, as long as you take steps to avoid carcass contamination.
    The BDS video is good, but if I remember correctly the illustrations are on bucks only. There are a few good ones on youtube too, I think Jelen and YDS ?

  7. #7
    I know mate I'd rather just see exactly how they want it done and do the job and get it over with. Yes that's the one it's only bucks they shoot but gives an idea. It's just I was told you do this and that and then told by another person to do the opposite I'd rather just watch something that showed me how they want it done and do it that way then there's no hassle I heard there was a new DVD but couldn't find it ill get on YouTube next time I get a chance, cheers for the help.

  8. #8
    BDS from Field to Larder

    Gralloching from field to larder

    ​on sale at 10

  9. #9
    It may be an old DVD but as already said, there is no right or wrong way so to speak.
    1) start with a good stalk & approach
    2) good shot placement makes it easier during the gralloch
    3) know your stuff Q&A from DSC1
    4) carry the right equipment
    5) take your time and avoid any cross contamination
    6) know where & how to find lymph nodes
    7) clean extraction & larder procedures
    Repeat 3 times job done
    Wingy

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    It may be an old DVD but as already said, there is no right or wrong way so to speak.
    1) start with a good stalk & approach
    2) good shot placement makes it easier during the gralloch
    3) know your stuff Q&A from DSC1
    4) carry the right equipment
    5) take your time and avoid any cross contamination
    6) know where & how to find lymph nodes
    7) clean extraction & larder procedures
    Repeat 3 times job done
    Wingy
    +1 it is up to you how you gralloch as long as it is clean and hygenic. An AW can not request you gralloch in any particular way. If you do want a good DVD then i can recommend David Strettons DVD The Stalkers Guide To The Gralloch. His telephone number is 01332 810757

    Jimbo
    Last edited by Jimbo 30 06; 12-09-2013 at 19:38.

Similar Threads

  1. Dsc1 training manual and dvd?????
    By Scots_stalker in forum Training and Qualifications
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 22-10-2017, 10:53
  2. For Sale Steve Kimberley Gundog Training DVD's
    By floyd in forum Dogs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 20-01-2013, 08:55
  3. Good training dvd
    By delta wolf in forum Deer Dogs & Tracking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-10-2012, 18:41
  4. Wanted Bryantscroft HPR training series dvd's
    By cerealthriller in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-09-2012, 20:39
  5. basic training dvd???
    By MGD in forum Deer Dogs & Tracking
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-12-2011, 20:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •