Thread: Swarovski Customer Service

Talking Swarovski Customer Service

Got my Swarovski Z6i 2.5-15x56 out of the box where it's been waiting for the right rifle to come along only to find the illumination wasn't working properly... sent it off on the 13th of August and it arrived back from the factory yesterday.

Excellent, thank you Swarovski... exemplary customer service as usual!!

Fizz

I've just sent them my Habicht SL 7x42 binos which have seen better days, to see what they can do with them. I hope they can give them a face-lift!

What would bother me is why when not being used it went wrong in the first place .

Hi

I had my 7x42SL's 'serviced' last year by Swarovski - came back as new with a list of everything done.

My original pair from when first available under the 25yr? warranty.

Gold+ standard of service!

L

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    What would bother me is why when not being used it went wrong in the first place .

But Brit, life is too short....... it's back, it works and it cost me a walk to the Post Office and a NextDay RMSD. As oppose to a whole load of expensive pain in the ass sending a Schmidt back to the factory and paying a small fortune for a replacement tube that some 'ebert had over-tightened a pair of Apels on! The lesson for me was never to buy another 'scope "in rings" and not to buy another Schmidt.... not now, not ever, never! Or Apels!

​Fizz

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbangwhallop View Post
    But Brit, life is too short....... it's back, it works and it cost me a walk to the Post Office and a NextDay RMSD. As oppose to a whole load of expensive pain in the ass sending a Schmidt back to the factory and paying a small fortune for a replacement tube that some 'ebert had over-tightened a pair of Apels on! The lesson for me was never to buy another 'scope "in rings" and not to buy another Schmidt.... not now, not ever, never! Or Apels!

​Fizz
    Well as long as your happy but at the back of my mind would always be the question as to why it went wrong when not being used in the first place.

Also expecting company to replace free a body tube that had obviously been abused by some ham fisted idiot is a bit much in my own opinion. BTW I only own one S&B scope a 6x42 so it's not because I am their greatest fan. I have a Zeiss 3x32 rail mount scope that the adjustment is frozen on it. Spoke to Zeiss an they can service and repair it but it won't be free. I have to make arrangements again to get it sent off as due to circumstances out of my control the original arrangement passed over two years ago.

I do have three sets of Apel mounts and have not had any problems with them but then again perhaps I am not so ham fisted as some.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Well as long as your happy but at the back of my mind would always be the question as to why it went wrong when not being used in the first place.

Also expecting company to replace free a body tube that had obviously been abused by some ham fisted idiot is a bit much in my own opinion. BTW I only own one S&B scope a 6x42 so it's not because I am their greatest fan. I have a Zeiss 3x32 rail mount scope that the adjustment is frozen on it. Spoke to Zeiss an they can service and repair it but it won't be free. I have to make arrangements again to get it sent off as due to circumstances out of my control the original arrangement passed over two years ago.

I do have three sets of Apel mounts and have not had any problems with them but then again perhaps I am not so ham fisted as some.
    Yep, I'm happy. Things do go wrong, fail etc but the proof of the pudding is the ease (and cost) of getting it fixed.

I wasn't expecting S&B to do it for free but over 450 was a bit bloody steep.... especially as I've obviously been spoiled by Swarovski in the past - they've changed steel tubes to alloy ones for around the 130 mark for me in the past... one was little 2.5-10x42 Habicht rail-mount that came back the first time with a brand new rail tube on it (wires crossed somewhere) at no charge - went back for a standard tube. An 8x50 and my old workhorse 3-12x56 Habicht.

Apels... bit like marmite.

I'm resurrecting an oldish thread here, but my old binos just came back from the Swarovski factory in Austria less than a month after I posted them to the importers, and I was amazed as I opened the box. Essentially, I have brand new binoculars! They replaced all of the armouring, added lense caps everwhere, new strap, polished the lenses, the metalwork, you really have to look hard to find any evidence at all that these aren't brand new, apart from the fact that they haven't made Habicht 7x42 SLs for over a decade. Given that I bought these on eBay for 300 and could now sell them for double that money (I won't, I need them!), I'm very, very impressed. They even included a detailed bill with the cost of parts and labour, which all magically add up to s0d-all Pounds and Bugger-all Pence.

Buy Swarovski stuff everyone. Then you never need to buy any optics again.