Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Need some advice from a seasoned stalker

  1. #1

    Need some advice from a seasoned stalker

    Three years ago I went out for a couple of stalks with a legit Norfolk "company" (that shall remain nameless for the moment)and bagged myself my first Red Stag. The beast concerned had a pretty poor head but with it being my first I decided to get it skull mounted. To cut a long story short I am still waiting for the trophy....three years and 1000 later. As you have probably realised I am a pretty patient individual, but I have endured just about evey excuse anyone has ever heard and I have had enough. The stalk was done on a handshake and a nod of the head (a gentlemans agreement) so there is no paperwork. Can anyone advise me as to my next course of, legal and non violent action? I don`t really want to involve the law at this stage even if I can, as I don`t want to drop the gentleman concerned in the crap as he is, I`m sure, a decent bloke and has wrongly taken advantage of my good nature. However, it may become my only way to resolve this situation.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehbok View Post
    Three years ago I went out for a couple of stalks with a legit Norfolk "company" (that shall remain nameless for the moment)and bagged myself my first Red Stag. The beast concerned had a pretty poor head but with it being my first I decided to get it skull mounted. To cut a long story short I am still waiting for the trophy....three years and 1000 later. As you have probably realised I am a pretty patient individual, but I have endured just about evey excuse anyone has ever heard and I have had enough. The stalk was done on a handshake and a nod of the head (a gentlemans agreement) so there is no paperwork. Can anyone advise me as to my next course of, legal and non violent action? I don`t really want to involve the law at this stage even if I can, as I don`t want to drop the gentleman concerned in the crap as he is, I`m sure, a decent bloke and has wrongly taken advantage of my good nature. However, it may become my only way to resolve this situation.
    Looks like your up the creek with out a paddle with no paper work etc
    DJC

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehbok View Post
    Three years ago I went out for a couple of stalks with a legit Norfolk "company" (that shall remain nameless for the moment)and bagged myself my first Red Stag. The beast concerned had a pretty poor head but with it being my first I decided to get it skull mounted. To cut a long story short I am still waiting for the trophy....three years and 1000 later. As you have probably realised I am a pretty patient individual, but I have endured just about evey excuse anyone has ever heard and I have had enough. The stalk was done on a handshake and a nod of the head (a gentlemans agreement) so there is no paperwork. Can anyone advise me as to my next course of, legal and non violent action? I don`t really want to involve the law at this stage even if I can, as I don`t want to drop the gentleman concerned in the crap as he is, I`m sure, a decent bloke and has wrongly taken advantage of my good nature. However, it may become my only way to resolve this situation.

    Keep your good name intact and forget it all your doing after three years is causing yourself anguish over this, the only thing you are missing is a trophy ,from your description of The event .

    I wouldn't burn any bridges the world of stalking is small and bad news travel quickly .

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post

    Keep your good name intact and forget it all your doing after three years is causing yourself anguish over this, the only thing you are missing is a trophy ,from your description of The event .

    I wouldn't burn any bridges the world of stalking is small and bad news travel quickly .
    And a 1000 by the sounds of it though mate. I dunno what to suggest but one thing I will say is the OP is a hell of a lot more patient than I would have been and I reckon they are taking the pish!!!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

    DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

  5. #5
    Rehbok

    Bad luck mate - worth considering Small Claims Court
    You can do this online now and relatively cheaply:
    Make a court claim for money - GOV.UK

    Hope it works out well for you

    Naseby

  6. #6
    Have you chased this up with a letter or email?
    if so , have you had responses?


    maybe the head is no longer available and you could strike a new deal, maybe a free stalk or trophy.

    You have been patient and the company may have been just as laid back as yourself. Speak to them today and try to resolve the situation


    Craggy

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Craggy View Post
    Have you chased this up with a letter or email?
    if so , have you had responses?

    Craggy
    I read this from his post: "I am a pretty patient individual, but I have endured just about evey excuse anyone has ever heard and I have had enough" and assumed he's been chasing hard for three years, hence my suggestion of the Small Claims Court, maybe first as a threat and then as a follow through if he's still being led a dance.

  8. #8
    Given the lapse of time, I would move on and forget the whole episode, doubt if the guy barely remembers you after all that time. There's always a bad apple or two in a barrel, Sod's law.

    Wouldn't bother, waste or give it any more time or thought, move on and Put it down as an expensive learning curve not to be repeated.
    If the guy uses the SD, advise the site staff. Naming and shaming has no real poundage and at best that will end with a possible aired slanging match that will just Create stress for you and make it worse than it is now

    Real shame really, some of that will stick to the integrity of other outfitters along the way

    MD

  9. #9
    the head is included in the price we charge for a stag, we apply a nominal charge of 20.00 to skin and boil the head, full skull. We can supply a shield for mounting if requested by the client, which can be mounted at cost plus fitting time.

  10. #10
    There is absolutely no reason why you should forget about the whole episode or be fooled into thinking that your good name will be blackened if you pursue the case. You're probably not the only one to be ripped off by this person and unless you make a stand will not be the last. In English law a mans word is still legally binding even without a written agreement. I suggest speaking to the Citizens Advice Bureau. They will give you template letters to send and all advice necessary to guarantee that you hold all the cards should you end up taking it to court. Additionally their advice is free! There is no reason why you shouldn't get your 1000 plus interest back if you play it correctly! Been there, done that, got the T-shirt and that was from a large computer company who failed me but also missed the deadlines that the letters that they had signed for had given them!
    Good luck
    Baguio

Similar Threads

  1. not a stalker!
    By fishingrhod in forum Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-09-2013, 13:16
  2. Wanted Stalker in need
    By 375 mag in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 10:15
  3. New Stalker
    By Michael McCormick in forum Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-01-2012, 10:16
  4. For the stalker that has everything........
    By Lakey in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 18-09-2011, 09:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •