Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .308 Semi-Custom Full Set Up

.308 Semi-Custom Full Set Up

Great rifle but I'm moving house and have decided to have a clear out and stick with my .243 until I've settled somewhere and have an idea of where I'll be and what I'll be shooting. I'm not especially attached to this rifle so it's going along with my shotguns which I also rarely use.
    Rifle new was £1400 (+£125 for cerakote), Mod new was £250, Scope new was £450 - prices S/H are at the bottom of the post.

It's had about 200 rounds through it - mostly load development and haven't actually shot anything living with this rifle yet (other than a rabbit which popped out whilst zeroing it!). Happy to shoot in front of anyone seriously interested to prove accuracy.

Have a couple of loads using 150gn SP Speers with H4350 or Varget, otherwise it also shoots single hole groups using Factory Norma 150gn BT's or Winchester 110gn TAP BT's (pic below of what the rifle is capable of - 3 shots at 100yds).

Spec as follows:

• Howa Stainless sporter in bell and carlson stock, built by Brock & Norris and cerakoted by Jager SA
    • Shortened to 18" and screw cut (M14x1) and re-crowned with flat target crown (custom made end cap)
    • Fully Bedded
    • Snipers Cheekpeice Fitted and included in cost of rifle
    • Tactical bolt handle
    • Tuned Trigger - snaps like a rod of glass at about 1.5/2lbs
    • DNZ 30mm 1-peice Scope mounts & base
    • Leupold 3-9x40 VXR Tactical Firedot (Mil-dot with illuminated centre dot), 30mm tube - http://www.leupold.com/tactical/scop...3-9x40mm-30mm/
    • ASE SL5 .30 Cal Moderator (Cerakoted Green by Jager SA) - M14x1 Thread - http://www.tacfiresystems.co.uk/stor...sl5-moderator/

Prices:
    Rifle & Mounts - £1150
    Scope - £325
    Moderator - £200

I'm not keen to split this set-up but if you are interested one or two without the other then please let me know.

What barrel was fitted or is it the standard Howa barrel?
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

Obviously I've seen this Rifle so I know a bit about it. Anyone looking for a Deer rifle at sensible money this is it. It really is a nice little rifle, I'd have it myself but I've got a few already!

This rifle will serve someone very well.

Quote Originally Posted by patjack View Post
    What barrel was fitted or is it the standard Howa barrel?
    Standard howa barrel - run in as advised (1 shot then clean for first 5 shots, then cleaned every 5 shots until 50 shots, then cleaned after each load development session). As I understand it Howa Factory barrels are very decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager SA View Post
    Obviously I've seen this Rifle so I know a bit about it. Anyone looking for a Deer rifle at sensible money this is it. It really is a nice little rifle, I'd have it myself but I've got a few already!

This rifle will serve someone very well.
    Thanks Jäger - it's a shame as I'm clearly losing money on it, but better to be realistic with the cost methinks!

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyDoom View Post
    Standard howa barrel - run in as advised (1 shot then clean for first 5 shots, then cleaned every 5 shots until 50 shots, then cleaned after each load development session). As I understand it Howa Factory barrels are very decent.
    Ok thanks for clearing that up was hoping it had had a custom barrel fitted and not the standard Howa barrel. Good luck with the sale.

Ok thanks for clearing that up was hoping it had had a custom barrel fitted and not the standard Howa barrel. Good luck with the sale.
    Nothing wrong with the barrel on it, they shoot extremely well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager SA View Post
    Nothing wrong with the barrel on it, they shoot extremely well.
    Did I say there was anything wrong with the barrel fitted?

Thanks - couldn't justify the custom barrel given the single hole groups it shoots, but nearly got Jäger to put one on before I'd had a proper play with it. Not megabucks at all if that's your thing though and I'm sure the cerakote could be matched.

may I ask whats "semi custom" about it ?? apart from you have it coated ???