Thread: 1" Optilocks extra-low, long Action, Blued - rings and bases

1" Optilocks extra-low, long Action, Blued - rings and bases

Hi All,

Having just bought a lovely old Sako from Briarquest I am in need of some 1" rings and bases - ideally extra low to mount a 6x42 Swarovski - anything out there? Stainless would do at a pinch

If you find some bases I've got a pair of what I think are Low blued rings...... the height from the underside of the ring to the bottom of the 'scope measures 5.5mm.

Just looked at the card from a pair of 30mm rings, which may be out of date of course, and that suggests they only do a single height 1" low ring at 27mm with base - which is what these measure to now I've worked out that it's from the centre underside of the base where it sits on the rail, not the side bits that hook over as the picture suggests!

Bought s/h in April and I'll go and try and find what I paid for them.

Cheers

Fizz

got the blue new extra low rings optilock sako 1" but still using the bases as I have HIGH also in 1" as now only got 30MIL tubes cost ~~~ but 50+PP will buy them seams to be the price looking at what others are selling them for.
    3.40mm from base top to ring inner not including the plastic ring in-cert , with the hex bolts as they are shorter sorry no card as iv used it for packing if you are not happy I will have the back bargin at that price
    Last edited by paul o'; 08-09-2013 at 12:19.

Thanks for the replies guys - not sure what size yours are Fizz this may help? http://www.sako.fi/optilockproducts.php

and thanks for the offer Paul, I was hoping to spend less than 50 just for the rings, but will get in touch if I get stuck

Quote Originally Posted by Bregalad View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys - not sure what size yours are Fizz this may help? http://www.sako.fi/optilockproducts.php

and thanks for the offer Paul, I was hoping to spend less than 50 just for the rings, but will get in touch if I get stuck
    I think mine are Lows at 5.5mm for the same measurement as Paul O's 3.4mm..... I have pinched the base screws to fit a pair of new stainless 30mm Lows yesterday - 65 at The Country Store but replacements should be on their way from GMK as I type. (Apparently the ring base screws come with the bases - would make more sense for them to be with the rings, I think.)

My 30mm extra lows measure 3.1mm at the same point. I bought mine 1" rings with bases for 50/55 odd... bought a pair of blued medium rings last week for 28 posted and in previous weeks 30 and 35 for rings.

Condition of the 1" rings is like new and I had a Swaro AV 6-18x50 mounted in them and there was a gnat's dick of measurement between the objective and the barrel, so extra lows would be better for you.

PM me if you're interested.

Cheers

Fizz
    Last edited by fizzbangwhallop; 10-09-2013 at 13:26.

Thanks a lot Fizz

hi feller mine are new but with out the card as said and i can't find sako exlow for 28 wish i could but did find on ebay some at 85 hope you get sorted soon ,there is a set on ebay 25mm with bases starting 30 may be worth a punt !just for the bases
    Last edited by paul o'; 11-09-2013 at 09:20.

Thanks Paul - got sorted for rings, turns out a friend had some spare ones, but still on the lookout for long action bases if anyone out there has any