New Wellies

blaven

Further to my rant about my personal dislike of Swazi clothing, I have great pleasure in recommending Toggi wellingtons which I have been regularly wearing since moving to the Highlands in 2006,-(the same pair).
They are Toggi Wanderer Plus at about £70. Prior to moving here I had never done or had to do any serious walking in wellies, but conditions underfoot here often make them mandatory.
I know they are not the sexiest brand out there, but they are presentable in polite company and I bought them in Grahams of Inverness on their recommendation that they were a great favourite of local keepers. How right they were, and very reasonably priced.
I'm a 42 so I buy 44 and put a stiffening insole inside then a decent footbed, a thick pair (or 2 thinner) of socks. Does the job for me, and plenty of wear left.
There is a more expensive version with a full length zip called the Espirit if you've got fat calves!

I've had a pair of these for years, neoprene lining and full length zip. Apart from the little Toggi badge falling off one of them, I cannot seem to destroy them. Maybe not the lightest and most flexible, but for the money they're excellent.

How warm are these ? Been looking for a pair of decent warm wellingtons for ages, Will be doing a lot of sitting out this winter and I don't think my current pair are up to job.

How warm are these ? Been looking for a pair of decent warm wellingtons for ages, Will be doing a lot of sitting out this winter and I don't think my current pair are up to job.
Depends how many pairs of socks you use? I have never worn them for sitting out, but the'd be as warm as anything else I guess.

I'd say pretty warm, but then I have warm feet (AKA prone to sweaty). They are thick lined, and provided you buy the right size (fairly normal sizing, not small) you should have room for decent thermal socks with a thin pair of normal socks as well.

i have been wearing this welly for years and before when they were made by kudu, i have tried all the other brands but nothing compares to these

Back