Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .22 Rimfire

.22 Rimfire

Does anyone have any recomendations on a cheap rimfire rifle for "bunny bashing"?

If anyone can tell me what to consider and what to avoid like the plague I'd appreciate it.

Cheers
    MJ

P.S I'm all sorted for Beaver bashing thanks!

I just brought a second hand Anshultz for squirrel shooting. Its twenty years old but still very accurate! Although I wish someone had told me that you are not allowed to shoot the red ones! No not really just pulling your leg!

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    I just brought a second hand Anshultz for squirrel shooting. Its twenty years old but still very accurate! Although I wish someone had told me that you are not allowed to shoot the red ones! No not really just pulling your leg!
    You tried eating the grey ones? I keep reading that they are good eating? Never tried it. Never seen it for sale.

Is there any ammo in particular you'd recommend?

If you can find one (I don't think they're still in production) the Walther K22 is a gorgeous little rifle. Worst thing I ever did was chop it in for a 'trendy' Ruger Semi.

22 rimfired are everywhere and cheap. The 17HMR has made second hand ones very cheap indeed.
    I paid 120 for BRNO Bolt action, that came with sling,moderator,scope, 2 magazines,and a **** load of ammo.
    They are simply not fashionable anymore, but still a good round

Look in the back of sporting rifle, there has been one in there for months,it was 60.
    Stay away from the semi auto stuff tho, and stick to a bolt action and you should have years of trouble free use

40 grain does a job on bunnies, and it's cheap enough at around 4 per 50

I bought an old anschutz for 75, shoots really well despite the odd bruise here and there.

Winchester hp subs do the trick with rabbits just great.

Hi MJ75,
    I'm going squirrel hunting tomorrow, I'll let you know! Believe it or not I'm supplying a local butcher with them!

Hi MJ75
    Just sent you a PM mate

brno

I am with poddle on that. they are great

I have an Anshutz at the moment which i`ve owned for about 6 years now.
    You can`t go wrong with a trusty Brno, they may not be the prettiest guns but they are reliable and cheap.

Ammo? I use winchester sub sonics, I find them very accurate and easy to get hold of.

wadashot