winchester power point 150gr

cumbrian

Just bought some of these for my new howa 308, does anyone have experience of them They seemed to group ok but not used them in the field yet.
Brian

A budget priced cup & core bullet that will do the job.
You can get the loaded Winchester ammo with PP bullets in the USA for less than $15 a box of 20 cartridges and I tend to go with the higher bullet weights in .308 Winchester for Whitetail deer (150 & 180 grain).
If these bullets will KO a 200+ pound American Whitetail or Muley buck I'm sure they will make short work of the oversize antlered jackrabbits that pass for deer in the UK. :D

try GECO .308 Win. SOFTPOINT 170 gr

check-big.png
check-big.png
check-big.png
check-big.png
check-big.png

Item no.: 2123428

under £20 a box very good for the none home loader group better that you would think and knock fallow down on the spot with correct bullet placement

These are one of the best killing bullets made.I have long advocated their use...well that is using them in my 30+year old 7mm RM. BIG sambar stags fold up when smacked in the shoulder with this combo.... I carry these bullets every time I hunt........what more can i say!

These are one of the best killing bullets made.I have long advocated their use...well that is using them in my 30+year old 7mm RM. BIG sambar stags fold up when smacked in the shoulder with this combo.... I carry these bullets every time I hunt........what more can i say!

Whitetail deer, elk & moose I shot with the 180 grain Winchester Power Point ammo from my Winchester model 100 semi-auto rifle shared one characteristic........they were all stone cold dead.
If an animal felt disinclined to co-operate and drop to the ground after the first shot another squeeze of the trigger and the animal would drop like a bag of hammers.
With the semi I don't have to disturb my scope sight picture to work the action.
They are excellent bullets and quite cheap compared to say Nosler and Swift premium bullets.
I've seen Winchester brand factory ammo in .308 Win caliber loaded with 150 or 180 grain PP bullets go for as little as $14 a box of 20 cartridges recently.

Back