Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early Morning Roe Buck

Early Morning Roe Buck

Went out this morning to a farm I havent visited for a while to see if any fallow bucks were visiting as all Ive seen this week are does and fawns on various permissions. Saw a couple of small groups of fallow but nothing shootable. I cut through the hedge into a freshly planted field and saw a roe buck making his way back to the wood. I followed him for 100yards along the hedgerow as he rounded a bend. I crept forward until he came back into view and placed the rifle on the sticks. After a minute he lifted his head and turned broadside. The 270 broke the morning silence and he ran 30 yards and fell. I was pleased to see he had a nice head on him and 1 happy farmer who has a zero tolerance policy for deer.

ATB Steve

Nice head.
    Went onto one of my farms this morning, only small.
    Had a bead on Munty Buck at 07.00 when a dog appeared, closely followed by its owner way off nearest byway.
    Morning silence broken by **** with large voice shouting into the wood spooking any possible beast.
    Morning done

Nice Roe buck thanks for getting in touch about the scope, sorry its not for me seems like your putting it to good use anyway.

Atb Matt

Nice buck and a good result for a Sunday morning, it's great to be out at em rgds remmy.

well done steve

Impressive buck! Congrats...

Quote Originally Posted by SussexFallow View Post
    Went out this morning to a farm I havent visited for a while to see if any fallow bucks were visiting as all Ive seen this week are does and fawns on various permissions. Saw a couple of small groups of fallow but nothing shootable. I cut through the hedge into a freshly planted field and saw a roe buck making his way back to the wood. I followed him for 100yards along the hedgerow as he rounded a bend. I crept forward until he came back into view and placed the rifle on the sticks. After a minute he lifted his head and turned broadside. The 270 broke the morning silence and he ran 30 yards and fell. I was pleased to see he had a nice head on him and 1 happy farmer who has a zero tolerance policy for deer.

ATB Steve
    Nice buck Steve well done not seeing many bucks on our land at the moment DJC

Thats an impressive head mate .let us know the weight as i think a surprise may be on the cards

Waidmannsheil!
    Thats a nice head!
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.