Thread: gun cleaning

gun cleaning

Hey up lads ive got tikat3 light never been cleaned for couple years bearing in mind I can do basic barrel cleaning, wot else simple could I do myself.Or should I take it to gunsmiths for clean up thanks in advance Trevor,

If you have the correct turnscrews and or hex keys , you could lift the action from the stock, have a look for rust & muck on the undersides, spray out the trigger works with a light solvent such as Flushout, & blow out with dry air, unless you are fully competent don't shift any trigger works screws / fixings, Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by td View Post
    Hey up lads ive got tikat3 light never been cleaned for couple years bearing in mind I can do basic barrel cleaning, wot else simple could I do myself.Or should I take it to gunsmiths for clean up thanks in advance Trevor,

The question is do you have any proper gunsmiths who are familiar with rifles near you.

Many claim to be so but the question is are they really gunsmiths at all?

Removing the stock and cleaning the underneath of the barrelled action is not exactly rocket science.

where in th uk are you
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

iam in stoke area of staffs trent firearms nearby I was looking to do anything basic

Have a run up the A41 to Sandford, Mike Norris would give it the once over, if you are unsure of it's suitability for immediate use.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Try Staffordshire custom rifles at the Audley turn off of the a500

​dave will sort you out matey.,

Good Grief. What Finnbear said. Brithunter is correct; It's not exactly rocket science.~Muir