Sorry Mate...

Si

I couldn't keep it in any longer...

Just looking through my YouTube subscriptions and this came up, I just couldn't resist posting the link :D

Phew!

I was really worried that was going to be a deliberate wounding so it could be bled whilst still alive. I always thought that was a prerequisite for it to be Halal, throat cut on a live animal.

​ I can live with how that was done though.

I always figured that those who neck shoot deer and then bleed out could claim it as halal.
No idea really as im not clued up on anything religuos.

I've stalked with jim at Creeside he was a lot more talkative on camera than when I went with him .some nice ground nr Newton Stewart .someone said on here he was on the quiet side of silent ! They were right :lol:
​norma

aye he,s a bit quiet at first but once he opens up he can be chatty enough, he has some lovely ground

Phew!

I was really worried that was going to be a deliberate wounding so it could be bled whilst still alive. I always thought that was a prerequisite for it to be Halal, throat cut on a live animal.

​ I can live with how that was done though.

There is a difference between Halal slaughter and Halal hunting...

In the first film Mo demonstrates how the deer Gordon shot would be bled out in order to make it Halal.
The second part of the film shows Gordon using venison shot previously by Mo to make the Masala
As long as the hunter says "Bismillah" (in the name of God) as the trigger is pulled, it counts as Halal.

Last edited:
There is a difference between Halal slaughter and Halal hunting...

In the first film Mo demonstrates how the deer Gordon shot would be bled out in order to make it Halal.
The second part of the film shows Gordon using venison shot previously by Mo to make the Masala
As long as the hunter says "Bismillah" (in the name of God) as the trigger is pulled, it counts as Halal.

Mumbling an incantation over an animal to appease an imaginary desert god. IMHO, more confirmation of how irrational religion is...still, it takes all sorts. All the Abrahamic faiths have participated in animal sacrifice/ritual offerings at one stage or another. Different people motivated by different things.

Mumbling an incantation over an animal to appease an imaginary desert god. IMHO, more confirmation of how irrational religion is...still, it takes all sorts. All the Abrahamic faiths have participated in animal sacrifice/ritual offerings at one stage or another. Different people motivated by different things.

That's something entirely different... I'm not sure what your point is other than to stir up a debate?

That's something entirely different... I'm not sure what your point is other than to stir up a debate?[/QUOTE

You initiated a thread discussing halal food practices and made reference to Bismillah (In the name of god). I think my post is relevant in this context. You are free to disagree. The discussion of politics is not usually tolerated on the SD. Perhaps this should apply to discussions of religion and religious practices too. Somebody is always bound to be offended. Your thoughts?

I have been out with mo and he a sound guy who loves his deer stalking. But i do feel that saying a pray before you pull the trigger might not be the best idea lol. Nice to see you getting involved with the politics Mo enjoyed the video and your gloves are still here.:oops:

I have been out with mo and he a sound guy who loves his deer stalking. But i do feel that saying a pray before you pull the trigger might not be the best idea lol. Nice to see you getting involved with the politics Mo enjoyed the video and your gloves are still here.:oops:

The prayer:

For what this bunch is about to munch and crunch, may the lord make us truly thankful .

Amen.

Used it on a few occasions goes down a treat .

The prayer:

For what this bunch is about to munch and crunch, may the lord make us truly thankful .

Amen.

Used it on a few occasions goes down a treat .

Or There's:

Some hay meat and canny eat some hay meat and want it, we hay meat and we can eat, so let the lord be thank it .

So mote it be .

You initiated a thread discussing halal food practices and made reference to Bismillah (In the name of god). I think my post is relevant in this context. You are free to disagree. The discussion of politics is not usually tolerated on the SD. Perhaps this should apply to discussions of religion and religious practices too. Somebody is always bound to be offended. Your thoughts?

I did no such thing.... I posted a youtube link of a good friend stalking deer with Gordon Ramsay, knowing that he's a modest chap and probably wouldn't have posted it himself. Yes I did make reference to Bismillah but only to clear up the mis-conception that the animal needs to be alive when it's bled out to be Halal.
I don't want an argument or to incite any racial or religious discussion, that was never the point of this thread.

Who's been offended? I certainly have not.... I've had the pleasure of stalking with Mo on several occasions and it's no different than stalking with anyone else. It has nothing to do with ritual killing or sacrifice, more to do with respect for the animal which most of us do in our own way.

well done mo you carry on mate , my pray as im pulling my trigger is"" dont miss dont miss"""

I did no such thing.... I posted a youtube link of a good friend stalking deer with Gordon Ramsay, knowing that he's a modest chap and probably wouldn't have posted it himself. Yes I did make reference to Bismillah but only to clear up the mis-conception that the animal needs to be alive when it's bled out to be Halal.
I don't want an argument or to incite any racial or religious discussion, that was never the point of this thread.

Who's been offended? I certainly have not.... I've had the pleasure of stalking with Mo on several occasions and it's no different than stalking with anyone else. It has nothing to do with ritual killing or sacrifice, more to do with respect for the animal which most of us do in our own way.

OK. You wanted to showcase your friend going stalking with a foul-mouthed celebrity chef. You concede that you referred to a religious practice.

I am not offering an argument or incitement. I simply commented on your post. I apologise if you've misunderstood me. I don't understand why you had to state that there is no distinction between stalking with your friend and anyone else. I'm sure there isn't.

I made no mention of race in my post. Religion does not equate with race so I'm uncertain why you made reference to this. The uttering of a prayer in relation to food is a ritual, be it in Judaism, Christianity or Islam. You're right, we all have our own approach and motivations. I hope you didn't take offence with my initial post as none was intended.

^^^ blah blah,

i have a Muslim buddy who wasn't keen to have venison off me because of halal reasons, I'm gonna show him this vid, say bismillah and all should be good for him :)

^^^ blah blah,

i have a Muslim buddy who wasn't keen to have venison off me because of halal reasons, I'm gonna show him this vid, say bismillah and all should be good for him :)

Maybe there is a gap in the market for halal and kosher venison products. I believe the preparation and dietary requirements are broadly similar.

Back