Thread: Great viewing

Great viewing

I'm sure a great deal of you guys on here have seen these videos before, but for the ones that haven't. Enjoy.
    I found them very interesting and rather helpful.

The good old Amax what a bullet

You've only been a member on here a month so you probably won't have seen the previous threads, but do a search on amax and you'll get the jist. The crux of it is this:

A Max - Page 3

It's nothing to do with how effective they may be it's basically:

• Deer Act specifies that only soft nosed or hollow point bullets can be used for deer (i.e. interpreted as expanding)
    • 'Expanding Ammunition' is only allowed under Section 5 of the Firearms Act
    • Amax are not controlled by Section 5

Therefore the general and safe consensus is that Amax are not expanding/soft point in the legal sense and should not be used for deer control.

Of course, there will be those who believe Amax satisfies the 'soft nose' definition and use it for deer control, however it is the advice of this forum that if you have a firearm conditioned for deer control then you will also have an expanding ammunition condition, so purchase and use ammunition designed and marketed as expanding hunting ammunition and not target ammunition and that way you will never be the test case if/when it ever gets tested in court.

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    You've only been a member on here a month so you probably won't have seen the previous threads, but do a search on amax and you'll get the jist. The crux of it is this:

A Max - Page 3

It's nothing to do with how effective they may be it's basically:

• Deer Act specifies that only soft nosed or hollow point bullets can be used for deer (i.e. interpreted as expanding)
    • 'Expanding Ammunition' is only allowed under Section 5 of the Firearms Act
    • Amax are not controlled by Section 5

Therefore the general and safe consensus is that Amax are not expanding/soft point in the legal sense and should not be used for deer control.

Of course, there will be those who believe Amax satisfies the 'soft nose' definition and use it for deer control, however it is the advice of this forum that if you have a firearm conditioned for deer control then you will also have an expanding ammunition condition, so purchase and use ammunition designed and marketed as expanding hunting ammunition and not target ammunition and that way you will never be the test case if/when it ever gets tested in court.

Thanks CSL I couldn't have explained it better about Amax heads myself!! Or could I hahaha