Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which brass remmy or norma?

Near Melton Mowbray (Home of the Pork Pie!)

Which brass remmy or norma?

Hi all,

looking at loading my 270.
    In your experience's which is the better brass?

Regards
    Tom

norma is very good

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    norma is very good
    So is Remington, and is normally cheaper because people think it isn't so good as some of the other makes.

I neck down 270 win norma brass to 25-06 and its great I got over 20 reloads from the first 20 I tried and now have 400 on the go. I buy mine off collieman off here if he doesn't have any give me a shout as I think I have 100 once fired that I haven't necked down yet.

I thought the Remington case I tried in my 25-06 were crap which is why I tried necking down the 270 brass but I do use it in my 222.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    So is Remington, and is normally cheaper because people think it isn't so good as some of the other makes.
    Remington is 'good' but not as good as norma. Norma is a much smoother case to work in reloading but the down range difference between the cases is in the shooters head. They both hold the charge and bullet equally well at the end of the day..

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    Remington is 'good' but not as good as norma. Norma is a much smoother case to work in reloading but the down range difference between the cases is in the shooters head. They both hold the charge and bullet equally well at the end of the day..
    That is exactly as I have found over the fifty odd years I have been reloading, but then again I may have been doing it wrong for all those years and every Deer or other animal I have shot has been very unlucky

I'd be very impressed if any deer had been able to tell you the difference!

IMO Norma is the best brass you can get
    i have tried nosler, lapua, rem, Win, weatherby among others

it doesn't require annealing as often, trims nicely, isn't too hard and just seems very consistent lot to lot and shot to shot

I use Remington brass in my .222 . . . its ok but I recommend de-burring the inside of the flash hole, as I have found quite a few of the cases have a bigger lip than a St Bernard in there.

Also out the pack of 100 ive had to ditch 8 cases even prior to there first load due to quality control issues . . .thats nearly 10%!!!

My next lot will be Lapua or Norma.

The Remington brass is OK, but I'd take the Norma brass over it anytime. It's just really consistent quality and it lasts a lot longer than most brands I've used. I'm not slagging Remington, it's just that I've run into some quality control issues with the odd batch. Something I've never had happen with Norma.

AB