Thread: Yukon photon night vision or day scope and lamp

Yukon photon night vision or day scope and lamp

I'm thinking of going down the night vision route of do I stick with the day scope and lamp? (Using a.222 for fox)

if you can spend 1500+ and have the time to practice then night vision is very good but not always better than the lamp in every situation

Paul, you should pop in and try the Yukon Photon with Nightmaster NM800IR, i think it may change your mind.

For under 600 you can have a perfectly useable night vision riflescope for sub 150m (recognition) usable fox control.

Regards

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Country View Post
    Paul, you should pop in and try the Yukon Photon with Nightmaster NM800IR, i think it may change your mind.

For under 600 you can have a perfectly useable night vision riflescope for sub 150m (recognition) usable fox control.

Regards

Paul
    But then.... the waiting list is pretty long at the moment? Estimated delivery?

Actually got mine from Blackpool Air Rifles when the last batch came in so they are around if you know or hear where to go at the right time.

Some people have found that the NM800 is way too much light as it doesn't have to overcome passing through the 'scope lenses before it hits the sensor as in back mounted sytems. Something like the 501b Dave/Somebloke is building or a less than 20 T20 converted to IR. (Loads on that in here www.nightvisionforumuk.com Index page)

Me... I have a red LED in my NM800.. which I like and Pulsar L808(original) lasers on my Photon, PVS and Kite. An IR pill in a T20 and a yukon lens on a T20 which gives a beam a quarter the size of the tightest you can get the NM800.

's me

Fizz
    Last edited by fizzbangwhallop; 10-09-2013 at 13:02.

Well worth waiting for the right thing though. The set up Scott Country suggest, Photon plus NM800 is an excellent piece of kit.

Indeed the NM800 may be too much light for close range vermin work, but thats where the new NM400 steps it.

At 124.95 for 200m performance, the new Nightmaster NM400 is ideal for the Photon.

We will be testing them side by side this week as it happens and uploading some video results.

At present we have an NM800 and NM400 on our test rig, and running full power the NM400 will provide a perfect image at 100-150m, where as the NM800 eeeks a little bit more performance at longer ranges. For the money, and for around 100m - 150m performance, the NM400 is the business.

As for waiting list, granted we have loads on back order but they are coming through, last week we sent a huge load out so the list is getting shorter in terms of how long you have been on the list of course, but demand is getting greater as more and more people see how much of a bargain they are.

Last edited by Scott Country; 10-09-2013 at 13:16.

Having just ordered one from you I guess I'm at the bottom of the pile!! Keep us posted what the waiting times are. I have the NM400 but it aint much use without the photon!!

Hi Srvet, we strictly supply Photon's in the order they were placed with us.

Not even the chap at our event who offered us 1000 cash for our demo unit in the glass cabinet managed to jump the queue so rest assured we operate a strict first come first served policy.

I thought he was joking until he pulled a wad of cash out, we had to disappoint him though so he bought a DFA75 instead.

As for deliveries, believe you me no one wants them here sooner than we do, and we have placed an order for over 400 more units with the factory so rest assured we have put our money where our mouth is, and ordered more than enough to satisfy demand.

Regards

Paul

Link to a link with a shop with stock due in tomorrow.

AirgunBBS.com

Fizz

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Country View Post
    Hi Srvet, we strictly supply Photon's in the order they were placed with us.

Not even the chap at our event who offered us 1000 cash for our demo unit in the glass cabinet managed to jump the queue so rest assured we operate a strict first come first served policy.

I thought he was joking until he pulled a wad of cash out, we had to disappoint him though so he bought a DFA75 instead.

As for deliveries, believe you me no one wants them here sooner than we do, and we have placed an order for over 400 more units with the factory so rest assured we have put our money where our mouth is, and ordered more than enough to satisfy demand.

Regards

Paul
    Hi Paul
    no problems with the delay from me. I was told that there would be a delay and that's fine. You can only ship what you have to hand after all. I have managed all this time without NV so a few more weeks wont make much difference. Great to hear that so many folk want them.
    All the best
    SR