Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 10x42 Binoculars

rogue trader

Anyone got any thoughts on them?

Thinking of getting a pair but don't want to waste my money and I can't stretch to Leica etc.

Cheers

​a.

I have a pair of Ultra HD 10x42's and I find them excellent for glass on a budget. I would imagine that they would fall behind the big boys in the last few minutes of light but that's about it.

I've got a pair of Bushnell Excursion EX's. I think they're great. Are they as good as Leica, Zeiss or one of the other premium brands? Of course not, but in general use the difference is really hardly noticeable. The other difference is that if you have a mishap with them, you don't want to slit your wrists. Even if I had a pair of top notch binos, I'd also have a pair of something like this for every day use.

I have a pair of Bushnell 'Trophy' 10x42 which are excellent: Waterproof, multi-coated etc. I believe the 'Trophie' is exactly the same only with a different label (Those marketing-men again!)

I than decided I needed a better pair and purchased Steiner 7x50 (The 'Marine' branded version) - they are indeed a little better in low light but also a lot bigger and heavier, so lately I find myself taking the Bushnells 10x42 when out stalking, and only use the Steiners if I plan to sit in a high seat.

Back