Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New entrant into the sport - my son has got his own ticket!

Thumbs up New entrant into the sport - my son has got his own ticket!

My son, Charlie, is now 15 and has been mad keen on shooting since he started coming beating aged 7.

Over time, he has used air rifles and shotguns under supervision, and has shown that he is a safe, competent and considerate shot. My SGC and FAC were due for renewal this year, and so he and I had a lengthy discussion about applying for him too; he fully understood the implications and responsibility that this brought, and on the basis that if I had any doubts about his suitability we wouldn't even be having the chat, I decided to submit an application for him.

Forms completed, photos taken, referees lined up......everything submitted.......

........and having gone through the process, I have visited Force HQ today to collect my FAC (with AOLQ now on all my rifles ) and SGC - and to collect SGC and FAC for Charlie!!

Now we need to get him on the range, get him shooting as well with the .243 and .308 as he does with an air-rifle....and then get him out somewhere after a deer......
    Attachment 32288

(.....and I have nothing but praise for my Licensing Dept. I consider that I received an outstanding service from them.)
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Nice one! Bet he's chuffed to bits.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Nice one! Bet he's chuffed to bits.
    .....he is! But as a teenage lad, as you can see from the photo, smiling too much obviously isn't cool....!!

(He's already asked when are we next going rabbiting??)
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Show me an FAC with a picture that doesn't make you look like a convict.......he's just perfecting his technique by not smiling.....so when are you going out rabbiting!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Thats what we need young blood in the sport congrats

Congratulations to the young lad... he must be waking up with a grin from ear to ear each morning. Happy days
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

"Wicked" (Or whatever the hip kids are saying these days!)

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    My son, Charlie, is now 15 and has been mad keen on shooting since he started coming beating aged 7.

Over time, he has used air rifles and shotguns under supervision, and has shown that he is a safe, competent and considerate shot. My SGC and FAC were due for renewal this year, and so he and I had a lengthy discussion about applying for him too; he fully understood the implications and responsibility that this brought, and on the basis that if I had any doubts about his suitability we wouldn't even be having the chat, I decided to submit an application for him.

Forms completed, photos taken, referees lined up......everything submitted.......

........and having gone through the process, I have visited Force HQ today to collect my FAC (with AOLQ now on all my rifles ) and SGC - and to collect SGC and FAC for Charlie!!

Now we need to get him on the range, get him shooting as well with the .243 and .308 as he does with an air-rifle....and then get him out somewhere after a deer......
    Attachment 32288

(.....and I have nothing but praise for my Licensing Dept. I consider that I received an outstanding service from them.)
    Well done we need more young blood in our sport I bet he is well pleased
    DJC

Quote Originally Posted by scrumbag View Post
    "Wicked" (Or whatever the hip kids are saying these days!)
    It's "Sick" apparently
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

It's refreshing to read about a father who deems his son responsible enough for his own SGC, let alone FAC. Congratulations to both, just remind him of some advice the local FEO offered to my mates son at a similar age when he was granted his SGC. Hardest piece of paper to obtain, easiest to lose!

​NickyA