Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benelli M2 - 7+1 question

Benelli M2 - 7+1 question

I've just bought a M2, 7+1.

I been using my beretta 391, that cycles perfectly & unloads with a push of a button.

The M2 seems "tight" to load. I've tried several makes of 12g cartridges, three boxes later & it's still tight.

To empty, do I need to cycle each cartridge individually?

What is tight? mine is tight ish putting 7 cartridges up the mag but it is going to be realistically, its got to take the weight of the cartridges and push them back. I absoultly love mine and it works bleedy well with eley high pheasent!

Quote Originally Posted by wikedwickedmotox View Post
    What is tight? mine is tight ish putting 7 cartridges up the mag but it is going to be realistically, its got to take the weight of the cartridges and push them back. I absoultly love mine and it works bleedy well with eley high pheasent!
    Thanks for the reply, like you say, putting the 7 cartridges up the tube is tight ish. I guess it's normal then.

I purchased mine new and it has got a fair bit easier thinking about it as it used to hurt my thumb, have put through close to a thousand cartridges now and it performs faultlessly.The only jam i haved had is from using rusty cartridges without realising when rabbiting of the pickup! Its well worth taking the time to set the cast with the shim kit i did mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by dendra-head View Post
    Thanks for the reply, like you say, putting the 7 cartridges up the tube is tight ish. I guess it's normal then.

Quote Originally Posted by dendra-head View Post
    I've just bought a M2, 7+1.

I been using my beretta 391, that cycles perfectly & unloads with a push of a button.

The M2 seems "tight" to load. I've tried several makes of 12g cartridges, three boxes later & it's still tight.

To empty, do I need to cycle each cartridge individually?
    i have a benelli m2 9+1 and mine was hard to load, but now it has had about 20,000 through it its loose... and yer to unload them ( if its right handed then there is a a button on the right hand side of the trigger gard push that and work the bolt to unload, quickest way is hold it with your left hand and work the bolt as fast as you can with the right, hope this helps.)

yes to unload hold the silver clip on the right in and cycle the bolt.mine is new its a tad tight but nothing i would worry about.

I had some cycling issues with my M2 and it went back, they had problems working out what was happening but it turned out to be the Gamebore cartridges I was using apparently, they have a slower burn rate which stopped the gun cycling about one in twenty shots. I have no resaon to doubt the diagnosis as the gun has performed faultlessly with other ammo.

I have a 9+1 M2 which I use for practical as well as the odd bit of crow shooting. When I fitted the mag extension I took a few inches off the end of the spring to make loading easier. Basically you load a cartridge into the tube, point the muzzle downwards and see if the spring is still strong enough to feed the last cartridge... keep trimming making sure it still feeds ok and it becomes much easier to load.

I've also fitted a modified carrier because the stock carrier (top one) is a painful thumb trap! The modified carrier has the end filled in and is much smoother.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Benelli Carrier 004.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	247.4 KB 
ID:	32469

To unload you can just push the spring which holds the cartridges in with one hand and let the cartridges back out of the tube one by one. No need to cycle them through.
    Last edited by csl; 16-09-2013 at 09:12.

you need to get to the gym and beef up some more

I've had my M2 7+1 for a couple of years now & it has loosened up considerably, loading used to need a good old shove up the tube.

I've tried letting the shells out of the tube re Alex's method but it can be a bit of a killer on unwary fingers so I like the idea of the modified carrier.

Where did you get that from Alex?

Cheers

Chris
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!