Thread: The system works: Anti Gun Politicians recalled in Colorado

The system works: Anti Gun Politicians recalled in Colorado

The state of Colorado recently passed some Democratic-sponsored anti gun bills despite the fact that they general population didn't want these. In response to this non-response from these law-makers, the public put out a petition and had them recalled... or... taken out of office. I hope other Anti law makers take notice.~Muir

Good to hear, we could learn a lesson from that north of the border. If you want change, get politically involved. Well done.

AB

Brother lives in Colorado and they were happy to see it, but they are not ecstatic for two reasons.

1st - the lawmakers were repealed, but not the laws. Therefore many gun and gun parts manufacturers are still leaving the state.

2nd - it sends a strong message to unresponsive lawmakers but the question remains, how many of our lawmakers are actually capable of listening. I am sure it is the same in the UK, but some politicians are quite dense and will gladly sell out their vote knowing that they can then become a lobbyist after they are kicked out. I personally favor the African system of politics, whereby when a new group comes to power they eliminate the previous office holders, sort of a terminal term limits

Quote Originally Posted by Cootmeurer View Post
    Brother lives in Colorado and they were happy to see it, but they are not ecstatic for two reasons.

1st - the lawmakers were repealed, but not the laws. Therefore many gun and gun parts manufacturers are still leaving the state.

2nd - it sends a strong message to unresponsive lawmakers but the question remains, how many of our lawmakers are actually capable of listening. I am sure it is the same in the UK, but some politicians are quite dense and will gladly sell out their vote knowing that they can then become a lobbyist after they are kicked out. I personally favor the African system of politics, whereby when a new group comes to power they eliminate the previous office holders, sort of a terminal term limits
    Yeah. My ex brother-in-law (whom I'm still good friends with) lives in Denver. He's happy but realizes that it was the Governor that happily signed those bills into law. Not a lot of chance getting him recalled. The State will feel the lack when Magpul and others stop feeding their tax coffers -both directly and through the employee wages that will no longer be paid to locals. Their loss.~Muir

we do not have recall in the uk perhaps we should in the uk we just make new laws i think we should only have a new law if we remove an old one and a bill of rights would be nice
    ​cheers lister

Quote Originally Posted by lister View Post
    we do not have recall in the uk perhaps we should in the uk we just make new laws i think we should only have a new law if we remove an old one and a bill of rights would be nice
    ​cheers lister
    Lister,

Like a Bill of Rights that was corrected, as the Founding Fathers were not up with progress, that became the Amended Bills which can't be Amended anymore?

Stan

well if i had rights that would be a start
    ​cheers lister

Quote Originally Posted by lister View Post
    well if i had rights that would be a start
    ​cheers lister
    Lister,

But you do. They just can't be amended. Don't you know this country's history

Stan

go on then tell me my rights
    ​cheers lister

Listing what we are allowed to do would almost certainly be a shorter list than the one saying what we are NOT allowed!