Thread: which red dot sight?

which red dot sight?

Looking for a red dot site for my Sauer 30-06. Never used one before and don't know if I will like them, and hence only looking for a budget one. Can someone advice me on which one to go for?

find someone with a good quality scope, to try, as tryin a cheap scope, will only end up with you being disappointed.

How about a Docter red dot?....... I have one up for sale in classifieds.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by darkstalker View Post
    Looking for a red dot site for my Sauer 30-06. Never used one before and don't know if I will like them, and hence only looking for a budget one. Can someone advice me on which one to go for?
    My mate has a vortex red dot on his 308 in preparation for our boar trip.I've had a few shots and seen his groups and it's very accurate,well made,crisp and clear,if it wasn't for me using my zeiss,would definately be buying one.
    Looks like something from Call Of Duty though...........

find an old pdp3 aim point off ebay or fb's doctor, any cheap ones and you will be back requesting a red dot scope after the first shot

Well I just put one up in the classifieds. It is cheap and will give you an idea if you like that sort of thing before spending silly money on a quality unit.
    oh, self promotion.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I reckon 180 for a 300 unit has to be classed as reasonably "Cheap"
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Hi darkstalker I've PMd you as have some experience of this topic and we are almost neighbours. Cheers K