Thread: SD deer dog day.

SD deer dog day.

Just curious,
    I'm interested to learn more about using and training a dog for tracking deer,with the intention of getting a pup next year.
    Would there be enough interest in a collective dogs for deer day run by the SD,where novices,or anyone really can come along under the guidance of some of the guys on here that use their dogs and see how and more importantly why they do what they do.

I want to pick as much brains as I can and just get some ideas as to what I should and shouldn't be doing.

I know it's difficult to sort something like this out,but a venue,location price etc shouldn't be difficult.
    I like the look of the BASC day,but seem rather steep @ 195

Just Interested guys,thank in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by gelert View Post
    Just curious,
    I'm interested to learn more about using and training a dog for tracking deer,with the intention of getting a pup next year.
    Would there be enough interest in a collective dogs for deer day run by the SD,where novices,or anyone really can come along under the guidance of some of the guys on here that use their dogs and see how and more importantly why they do what they do.

I want to pick as much brains as I can and just get some ideas as to what I should and shouldn't be doing.

I know it's difficult to sort something like this out,but a venue,location price etc shouldn't be difficult.

I am always will to help if I can, free of charge.

195 is a bit steep,

I am running a day at the end of this month with the bds for a lot less money, and we have danish tracking instrutor/judge helping out as well as many other experienced people from the uk.

pm me if you feel I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by gelert View Post
    Just curious,

I am always willing to help if I can, free of charge.

195 is a bit steep,

I am running a day at the end of this month with the bds for a lot less money, and we have danish tracking instrutor/judge helping out as well as many other experienced people from the uk.

pm me if you feel I can help.