Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: I did a Muir yesterday!

  1. #1

    I did a Muir yesterday!

    Yesterday I went to my gun dealer to collect a rifle and drop off some steel cased ammunition that is surplus to requirements. I noticed that he had a Weihrauch HW 60 J .22WMR and an Anschutz 1710 .22 fresh on the shelves. Both looked very nice ( had a HW60 J before) but the Anschutz had a nasty beech stock (Monte Carlo) awful looking wood. I have a credit with the store and rather than taking the cash I agreed to take the Weihrauch in Lieu. I know nothing about the .22 WMR but my dealer said that it fits between a .22LR and .22 Hornet. Looking forward to trying it tomorrow!
    Last edited by Conor1; 13-09-2013 at 11:53.

  2. #2
    Its a nice enough round, certainly been on the go long enough and popular in the USA although it was replaced as the "in" round by the HMR for some although some still go with the WMR having more knock down power.

    Regards,

    Gixer

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor1 View Post
    1esterday I went to my gun dealer to collect a rifle and drop off some steel cased ammunition that is surplus to requirements. I noticed that he a Weihrauch HW 60 J .22WMR and an Anschutz 1710 .22 fresh on the shelves. Both looked very nice ( had a HW60 J before) but the Anschutz had a nasty beech stock (Monte Carlo) but awful looking wood. I have a credit with the store and rather than taking the cash I agreed to take the Weihrauch in Lieu. I know nothing about the .22 WMR but my dealer said that fits between a .22LR and .22 Hornet. Looking forward to trying it tomorrow!
    Situational awareness! Good man!

    The 22WMR pushes a 30 grain bullet at 2300 fps. The Hornet pushes a 30 grain bullet at 3200 fps. I have Seven 22WMR's. I like them quite a bit.~Muir

  4. #4
    New phrase: "Doing a Muir!"

  5. #5
    I enquired about the HMR but it never made it to Switzerland..........................The WMR is popular enough but Winchester ammunition costs CHF 17 per 50, which is about GBP12!

  6. #6
    I have a 9422 in 22 WMR, nice little rifle but I just dont get to use it that often....

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor1 View Post
    I enquired about the HMR but it never made it to Switzerland..........................The WMR is popular enough but Winchester ammunition costs CHF 17 per 50, which is about GBP12!
    That's about right: It's $11 to $16/50 here. If there was a rub against the WMR it's the cost. I find i can load Hornet a little cheaper and get augmented performance. Years ago I bought a few bricks of 30 grain Federals and I'm still sitting on about 12 boxes.(600 rnds) that I reserve for my beloved CZ 452.~Muir

  8. #8
    With a 22lLR, 222, 223 , 22-250, and a 22WMR it was agreed that a22 Hornet was conspicuous by its absence. Another HW 60J in 22Hornet is on order........Damn you Muir

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor1 View Post
    With a 22lLR, 222, 223 , 22-250, and a 22WMR it was agreed that a22 Hornet was conspicuous by its absence. Another HW 60J in 22Hornet is on order........Damn you Muir
    Only trying to help.....~Muir

    (PS: This may give you a hint why housewives all over the globe have dis-invited me to dinner on a permanent basis.)

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Only trying to help.....~Muir

    (PS: This may give you a hint why housewives all over the globe have dis-invited me to dinner on a permanent basis.)
    And the problem with that is??

Similar Threads

  1. John Muir Trust ignoring
    By reddeer256 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 25-10-2012, 05:17
  2. FAO Muir. Another .............
    By basil in forum Carcass Prep, Butchery & Recipes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-04-2012, 12:09
  3. Another for Muir.
    By Brithunter in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 27-08-2010, 12:48
  4. Powder measure, which one? One for Muir? Or anybody that can help?
    By Thar in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 24-05-2010, 16:05
  5. KYPE MUIR FOREST, STRATHAVEN
    By gearboxbarry in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 19-05-2010, 19:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •