Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wish me luck

Wish me luck

Well, after two years, during which I passed my DSC1, and have had 7 accompanied paid stalks I have'nt shot one deer. Have seen dozens. Does in the buck season, bucks in the doe season. Even came as close as aiming the rifle at a splendid fallow buck who stood there, 75 yards away, head on for at least 20 seconds, staring at me. Not even a glimpse of his flanks, until he charged off.

So this weekend is the last chance. One more stalk, one last chance to break my jinx. If Nodens, Diana or Woden will not let me kill deer then I'm going to stick to pigeon, rabbit, pheasant and duck.

Good luck JAT.
    You've shown enough patience already fella.
    We all go through lean times but it must be tough to start with one right enough.
    Let us know how you fare.
    ATB
    Geoshot
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

Quote Originally Posted by JAT View Post
    Well, after two years, during which I passed my DSC1, and have had 7 accompanied paid stalks I have'nt shot one deer. Have seen dozens. Does in the buck season, bucks in the doe season. Even came as close as aiming the rifle at a splendid fallow buck who stood there, 75 yards away, head on for at least 20 seconds, staring at me. Not even a glimpse of his flanks, until he charged off.

So this weekend is the last chance. One more stalk, one last chance to break my jinx. If Nodens, Diana or Woden will not let me kill deer then I'm going to stick to pigeon, rabbit, pheasant and duck.
    why didn't you shoot the fallow buck ???

Very best of fortune. Any day in the outdoors alone or with good company beats almost anything else. ATB Tom

Head or chest shot, maybe OK for old hands. Would prefer my first to be heart/lung. Better safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by JAT View Post

Head or chest shot, maybe OK for old hands. Would prefer my first to be heart/lung. Better safe than sorry.
    surely at 75 yards you can hit 4 inch,you did that on your level 1 test,what was wrong with the neck ??? just have confidence in yourself
    best of luck this time
    Last edited by see it shoot it; 13-09-2013 at 14:03.

jat good on you for doing what you thought right, the person pulling the trigger makes the choice , I hope you get one this time i remember my first it came after 6 outings and either bad weather or wrong sex till finally i got it then you can relax a little and they all seem to come at once,good luck wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Mat do what you think right not other people hang on in and good luck just keep going and it will come then you will be glad you stuck at it Atb Tom failing that try in the winter on does

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    jat good on you for doing what you thought right, the person pulling the trigger makes the choice , I hope you get one this time
    +1

Keep trying - you'll need tenacity but will get there.
    I know professional deer hunters who will admit to having a bad run of 10-12 stalks without shooting anything, and the average DSC2 candidate requires fifteen stalks to complete three ICR's .... (I actually required 16!
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....