Taxidermy costs for mounting a head

stratts

Could anyone please give me an idea of how much it would cost to get a Roe buck head mounted? I'm yet to shoot one but if I secure my own ground and my 1st was worth it I'd like to get it done,

Cheers

the guy i use charges £280 inc competion eyes , he doesnt faff about , you only get the very best of components . this is one he done fpr a client of mine a couple of years ago . he is mounting my 16 point stag at the moment , i also have a sika stag being done and 2 more roe bucks but they wont be done until the sping he is stacked out at the moment with 5 game heads from SA. can send more pics if you require

View attachment 32376 View attachment 32377

i hope my taxidermist doesn't see this post then. im from Yorkshire i thought £160 was a lot !

My bloke is currently doing three for me
$800 red
$800 Sambar
$600 Fallow

$800 AUD eq 466 GBP`s

Shoot something decent and its worth getting done imo.

375 Mag Im from Yorkshire too, I am just like a Scotsman but with the genreosity Taken Out
Copper wire was invented here in north yorkshire, a scotsman entered our local pub, with a skirt on (its called a skirt in england but a kilt when in scotland)
I dropped a penny on the floor, as the scotsman fought for the money on the floor with me, that was the point copper wire was invented.
No offence intended Guys

Stratts.
Your first Buck is like your first Love mate. There will be much finer ones to come later but none will feel the same as the very first, so have it done regardless of how magnificent or not it may be. You will look at it in many years to come and it will bring back all the emotions you felt at the time you took it.:D
Oh, it was 32 years ago and she was called Frances ( first love that is not the Roe Buck ).:D

Yorkie.

All those years ago i remember her just like yesterday
All the guys in the village cricket and football, and hockey, and rugby called her bendy wendy
I thought she said her name was Doris

:D

I am a very much a hobby taxidermist. To do a basic roe costs me about £50, and a stag, £150 plus for the parts needed. I dont buy the best and it can cost way more. It takes me ages and the results are ok for me, but not at a level that should be sold, and this is and was never my intention. The pros work is at a different level, and can be extremely expensive, but are certainly worth it.

All those years ago i remember her just like yesterday
All the guys in the village cricket and football, and hockey, and rugby called her bendy wendy
I thought she said her name was Doris

:D
Funnily enough Truffle, Frances was the Hockey Player not me. In an occasional Melancholy moment i sometimes wonder what became of the Lass.

Yorkie.

i hope my taxidermist doesn't see this post then. im from Yorkshire i thought £160 was a lot !

+1 my taxidermist does it as a hobby and has done for the past 35+ years, he is very good, makes all his own forms and uses the best eyes. I have had 3 roe bucks done at £125 each, a 3/4 fox mouth open £80, mink £20. He has just done a restoration on a 25 year old fox & badger head, new tongue, re paint, dye on the badger,plaques stripped, cleaned re stained & varnish both heads washed and now look like new £20 the pair.
He is doing a muntjac buck at the moment.
Wingy

Back