Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaaaghhhh

Aaaaghhhh

Ive not smoked for over 6 weeks as both the wife and I are trying to save up for a trip to Africa with Nduna safaris. In the last 6 weeks Ive lost my mum. Thats probably got to have been the worst time in my life, but yet I managed to stay focused and didnt smoke. But today has got to be the worst day yet... Im about ready to say f it and go n buy a packet of smokes.... In the past few weeks Ive had a good drink, those who know me will know what exactly what I mean and havnt touch a smoke.. But yet today Im fit to burst....

Nutty

I've had a crap week too really crap but nothing on earth would process me to stick a cancer stick in my mouth and I loved a fag and a lad a work said they were 8 a pack now too nooooooooo chance don't do it .
    ​norma

Stick at it Nutty, i was talking with a fella yesterday who had downloaded an app on his phone which told him to the second how long he had been off them and how much cash he had saved which was well over a grand.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    stick with it neebs.

don't give in, been off them now for 9 years and o so much better, also been of the drink for the best part of 13 years (apart for slip up on a mates stag night) and im glad coz when my wee girl needs a kidney in the next 6 months i hope im able to be a match for her.

keep going.

all the best

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Don`t do it mate.
    If you can survive loosing your mum and not smoke you can survive anything.
    It`s hard i know, i`ve not smoked for six and a half years but it will be worth it in the end.
    Keep saying no.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

If you are finding it hard to stay off the fags for yourself, think of it as staying off them for your mum.

I stopped myself about 5 months ago, hang in there nutty, it isnt easy, just dont keep thinking about them, I can smell a fag from a 1000yds now, something nice about it but it also smells bloody awful too, I wont go back to it, I had 30 odd years at it and hopefully ive no lasting damage.atvb swaro

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    I stopped myself about 5 months ago, hang in there nutty, it isnt easy, just dont keep thinking about them, I can smell a fag from a 1000yds now, something nice about it but it also smells bloody awful too, I wont go back to it, I had 30 odd years at it and hopefully ive no lasting damage.atvb swaro
    About the same as you mate but I gave up for financial reasons.
    No good moaning you're broke all the time and spending 60 + a months on roll-ups!

mmmmmmmmhamlet the smokers smoke

i dont smoke by the way

gl for the quiting and ope next week is better for you
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

I smoked almost 3 packs a day up until I quit. What did it for me? I got PISSED OFF at some little bit of weed wrapped in paper telling me when I could go to bed, where I ate, what I spent my money on, and the damned things made my clothing, car, and breath stink. I thought, "What kind of wuss lets himself be pushed around like that???" Decided it wasn't me. That was 32 years ago.

Don't do it. You'll hate yourself if you do.~Muir

(PS: Even now, on cool mornings with a cup of coffee in my hand, I mentally reach for that phantom pack of cigarettes. Don't be discouraged by the persistence of the urge....dismiss it.)
    Last edited by Muir; 14-09-2013 at 20:35.