Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soaked again...

SD Regular

Soaked again...

Can anybody recommend a decent pair of WATERPROOF trousers ? I bought a pair of Harlika pro hunter they leaked and have been replaced free of charge

Whilst i was waiting for them i bought a pair of Laksen boar trousers , having walked the dogs today im sorry to say these have failed on the legs .

These trousers are not cheap and less than 3 month old .

Your thoughts please gents .
    BE PREPARED IT WASNT RAINING WHEN THEY BUILT THE ARC

Quote Originally Posted by shudadunityonksago View Post
    Can anybody recommend a decent pair of WATERPROOF trousers ? I bought a pair of Harlika pro hunter they leaked and have been replaced free of charge

Whilst i was waiting for them i bought a pair of Laksen boar trousers , having walked the dogs today im sorry to say these have failed on the legs .

These trousers are not cheap and less than 3 month old .

Your thoughts please gents .
    Nomad trousers will keep you dry but not cheap

To be honest I use british army gortex water proofs over my shooting gear and ther great but you can over heat in them and start to sweat but good never the less

i have a pair of swazi bib and brace trousers, without a doubt the best I ever had, bone dry even after a days crawling in very heavy rain in wicklow

Waterproof and breathable trousers are always a bit of a compromise. They're mostly waterproof I find except for driving torrential rain, when they only hold out the wet for so long. Proper waterproof leggings are the answer. Of course there is also a compromise there, if you're doing a bit of exercise in them, beating or whatever, then you can get sweaty. I suppose the answer is to have a few options and dress for the weather.

I bought a pair of Sealand Eton about 3 months ago and have been out in some pretty bad weather and they have kept my legs dry - I was on our ground in S.Ayrshire this morning and the weather was horrendous (anyone in that area will know how bad it was..) the outside of the trousers were soaked up to knee height but nothing came through.

At about 65 I reckon these were good value for money and have been leak proof so far..
    www.monarchcountryproducts.co.uk for quality stalking & shooting accessories

Paramo are the dogs. Not as tough as some, but easily repaired.

+1 for Paramo, I have the salopets, although the trousers are almost identical and they are the dogs. Far better than harkila IMO (I have both), they also have a decent reinforced/padded arse and knees which is mega for sitting spying or crawling in.

Arcteryx Alpha or Gryphon pants.

Drier than a dry thing in them.

Best kit you can buy if you want to stay dry...

Try these will keep you dry all day long and only 12.00

Depend Men Beauty