Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Dsc2

  1. #1

    Dsc2

    Thinking of doing DSC2 with Jelen Deer Services - any thoughts? Does anyone know of anywhere similar who does DSC2 this way? Thanks for your time. James

  2. #2
    Once you apply for your Level 2 you will be sent a list of all the AW's in the UK. It is up to you which one you contact and choose, and I am sure there will be someone local to you.

    You may be lucky and have a friend who is an AW and therefore incur no charge at all, either way there is a large choice of AW's to choose from.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

    ZEISS PRO STALKER.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by james sutcliffe View Post
    Thinking of doing DSC2 with Jelen Deer Services - any thoughts? Does anyone know of anywhere similar who does DSC2 this way? Thanks for your time. James
    Without wishing to cause a huge debate on the ethics of culling park deer, does your question relate mainly to the fact that they offer a guaranteed result for a fixed price, or the fact that the guarantee of getting animals may require you to cull park deer? Or is it a bit of both?
    If you have your own ground, you may find it cheaper to find an AW locally. There are a good few of us that don't charge for our services!
    MS
    Last edited by Monkey Spanker; 16-09-2013 at 12:46.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Once you apply for your Level 2 you will be sent a list of all the AW's in the UK.
    Sikamalc,
    Is the list the same no matter who you have registered with?
    i.e. it makes no difference whether you register with BASC or BDS

    I think this is the case but just wanted to double check thanks

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Naseby View Post
    Sikamalc,
    Is the list the same no matter who you have registered with?
    i.e. it makes no difference whether you register with BASC or BDS

    I think this is the case but just wanted to double check thanks
    There is just one list of AW's that is issued by DMQ via the different assessment centres. AW's themselves are linked to individual centres, but the list is not. Hope this helps.
    MS

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    There is just one list of AW's that is issued by DMQ via the different assessment centres. AW's themselves are linked to individual centres, but the list is not. Hope this helps.
    MS
    It does help.

    Thank you

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Naseby View Post
    Sikamalc,
    Is the list the same no matter who you have registered with?
    i.e. it makes no difference whether you register with BASC or BDS

    I think this is the case but just wanted to double check thanks
    Yes it covers the whole UK and is the same whether its BASC or BDS.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

    ZEISS PRO STALKER.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Yes it covers the whole UK and is the same whether its BASC or BDS.
    ​Many Thanks for clarifying

  9. #9
    Thanks for all your replies. Have had a pm from weeman. Struggling to reply to it. Not ignoring you - will keep trying. The reason I was looking into Jelen is that I have pretty much reached the limit on the deer I can take off my land and am keen to do dsc2. They sound as though you're pretty much guaranteed 3 deer in a couple of days. Will also help with the portfolio etc. Would be glad to hear if anyone has an opinion on this. cheers!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by james sutcliffe View Post
    Thanks for all your replies. Have had a pm from weeman. Struggling to reply to it. Not ignoring you - will keep trying. The reason I was looking into Jelen is that I have pretty much reached the limit on the deer I can take off my land and am keen to do dsc2. They sound as though you're pretty much guaranteed 3 deer in a couple of days. Will also help with the portfolio etc. Would be glad to hear if anyone has an opinion on this. cheers!
    Hi James,

    Yes, we guarantee you your three deer in two days, but its important to know that we DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANYONE WILL ACHIEVE DSC2. Also what we are offering is NOT RECOMMENDED for those who are inexperienced.

    Give me a call on 01264 811155, or email me on office@jelendeer.com if you need full details.

    Best regards,

    ​Mike.

Similar Threads

  1. DSc2
    By lanner in forum Training and Qualifications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-06-2013, 14:40
  2. Dsc2
    By SussexFallow in forum Training and Qualifications
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26-12-2012, 06:52
  3. DSC2. Why?
    By WiltsPat in forum Training and Qualifications
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 08:08
  4. DSC2
    By Danger Mouse in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 30-01-2010, 18:14
  5. DSC2
    By shootingduckdog in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-01-2009, 22:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •