Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: wild boar load

wild boar load

Hi, I'm just about to start working up a new load for the .30-06. Its to be used on Wild Boar in Germany and I've got a box of Sierra 165 gr soft points. Has anyone tried these out on Boar to any success or are they too lite in construction to gain the penetration needed ?

Kind regards, Olaf

hit them with that they will fall over,there not bullet proof
    don't forget to post photos
    Last edited by see it shoot it; 16-09-2013 at 09:02.

I have just learned that I will have to knock up some lead free rounds for the .270, for a Boar trip in November, have you checked out if you are visiting a lead free shoot?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Having seen a boar hit 3 times with a .270 and keep running I would seriously suggest a heavier calibre.

Four rifles going, all .270 I think!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    Having seen a boar hit 3 times with a .270 and keep running I would seriously suggest a heavier calibre.
    obviously not hit correctly if it was stood still,shooting driven it matters not what you hit them with they can still run,so don't right off a 270

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Four rifles going, all .270 I think!

Only 1 name in driven boar as far as i am concerned Prince Franz Albrecht III 'WILD BOAR FEVER 4 Vid on youtube

Sauer 270 in safe hands....doesn't get much better, most are dead before hitting the ground..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKh_13zOGFc

I handled an exact copy of Franz Albrechts rifle in .270 yesterday. Sauer have made a limited numbers for sale. Whilst there is no dought the young man is a great shot i wonder how many look and learn from that Video?

I have no doubt he is as good as he is because has plenty of practice, he is also a Prince with spare time and lots of invitations,
    but it was more to point out to the doubting masses that a 270 is more than capable in the right hands with a good load of taking 'Proper Wild Boar'.

how much were they charging for the replica? does it inc the hand shaped stock extended mag etc?

atb