Thread: Lyman 1200 Tumbler not well.

Lyman 1200 Tumbler not well.

Anyone had this?

Midway through a clean and the motor is still going round but the bowl is not vibrating. I have checked the centre shaft and all seems tight but there does not seem to be enough grunt to shake the bowl.

EDIT

After cooling down all is now fine.

There seems to be some sort of thermal overload on the motor and (because it was in the office and I covered the tumbler with a towel to keep the noise down) it had overheated.

Cases now finished and nice and shiney - which definitely makes the rounds so much more accurate
    Last edited by Eyefor; 16-09-2013 at 14:31.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Did it take a tumble?

Whatever you do DON'T cover a machine with a towel as it's really bad for the cooling.

I've run a 2200 for twenty years and hammered it until 1996 with about 5000+ rounds per year. After that easy life but 200x 30-06 at a time's not to be sniffed at.

I have noticed it could do with an overhaul but...

There was also a note recently about tumblers doing an impersonation of a bonfire: not sure which brand but I now put mine on a tiled surface when running.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkingsnake View Post
    Whatever you do DON'T cover a machine with a towel as it's really bad for the cooling.....there was also a note recently about tumblers doing an impersonation of a bonfire: not sure which brand but I now put mine on a tiled surface when running.
    EEK!

I will not be covering it with a towel again!

Many thanks.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).