Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: info required about deer farming

info required about deer farming

Hi guys and girls im after some general info in deer farming like size of land type of land lay outs ect ect all help or pointers gladly taken

Talk to Mike at Jelen Deer Services
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

http://bdfpa.org/

See section on deer farming information, downloadable PDFs.

Conference in a couple of weeks.
    Last edited by Dama; 16-09-2013 at 16:43.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Its not Sheikh Al-Maktoum on the case again is he?
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Dont know who that is teyhan im just a normal guy with a possible chance of doing somthing that could work out great for me and my family

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    He's one of the richest guys in the world. He has a lot of property in the Bagshot (surrey)area.
    Many years ago his right hand man requested that I set up a Roe deer park. But that was exactly what he wanted. Not Fallow, Red or Sika but Roe. It took a long time to persuade them that a Roe deer park would not work. It would be unlikely too that his kids would be able to hand feed them and because he was also insistent that there should be only does, that bucks come the rut, would be throwing themselves at his 12 foot perimeter fence.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

I see well thats deffently not me I would like to be a pound behind him though

Quote Originally Posted by adrian0100 View Post
    Hi guys and girls im after some general info in deer farming like size of land type of land lay outs ect ect all help or pointers gladly taken
    Hi Adrian,

Give me a shout tomorrow sometime on 01264 811155, or if you email me your number I'll give you a call in the morning. My email address is: office@jelendeer.com

Regards,

Mike.

Mike Allison
    Managing Director - Jelen Deer Services

Jelen Deer Home

Adrian,
    Whatever you do, make sure you go and talk to actual deer farmers, not just the people who have a vested interest in setting deer farms up. There is a huge difference. Once you have looked at 5 or 6 different deer farms you will have a much better idea if this kind of enterprise is for you or not.
    Good luck, or maybe more appropriate, good research.

I am doing my research thats why im asking on here and other places as its a massive investment and it has to be right but thank you for you input im contacting farms to try and arange visits