Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pheasants are out...Mr Fox hunting all day.

Pheasants are out...Mr Fox hunting all day.

Pheasants are out of the release pens and ideal prey to all the foxes in the area. Its a good time for daylight fox hunting as they will harass the silly birds all day long. Its an ideal time to approach your keeper and ask if you can sit for a few hours watching out for his pheasants. One fox now equals many pheasants plus the disturbance they cause to the birds. One yesterday and one today... lets hope thats it...but I dont think so

Are Pheasants are out at the minute. We had a fox last Monday and one last Tuesday and saw 4 others that we couldn't get a shot at. Not one of them interested in the squeak. Keep at them mate.

I look after two big game shoots. One has a few foxes left - but as it's spread over more than 5,500 acres, I guess that's not surprising. The other is smaller, but appears to be fox-free at the moment - when I took the place on November last year they were everywhere!

One place I know of has a 40 acre field of spring rape abutting the relase pens. Rape 6ft high and still not cut, dread to think what the losses are and I bet some very well fed Basils!!

D

500 acres of beans makes your arse twitch !

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    One bowl is enough for most people...

Quite a few fox's around this year. Shot 6 so far since the birds have gone out, sitting up high seats near the pheasant pens.

Opened the gate just now 3 weeks in the pens is enough so into the beans they go hopefully get combined next week if the sun comes out !

Lol tell me about it!!
    RovinceUK distributors of the Rovince range of professional Anti Tick ​clothing.

http://rovince.co.uk/

Opened the gate just now 3 weeks in the pens is enough so into the beans they go hopefully get combined next week if the sun comes out !
    Hell thats brave!! I would wait until after the combine if you can. I am sure I lost a whole pens worth of birds up the combine out of rape a few years back. Harvest really late had to let em out, into the rape and never seen again. At least with beans there is enough gaps for them to stand a chance. Just wish combine drivers were a bit more thoughtful (and grass cutters too)