Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: binoculars

binoculars

Looking to buy some decent binoculars for stalking - any recommendations?

Well you can't go wrong with Swaro's. You might want to think about rangefinder bins but I'd absolutely recommend you to spend some time peering through whatever you shortlist. I bought mine as a work leaving present about ten years ago and the shop very kindly allowed me to stand in the doorway searching shadowy areas up and down the street. I went with the ones which gave me the best results in the deepest shadow. I figured this would help in woodland conditions and interestingly the best result did not come from the most expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by james sutcliffe View Post

Before we all chime in with our thoughts mate, an idea of your budget will save you and us a lot of bother!
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

I have a budget of around 600 quid... was thinking of preowned swarovskis in my local gunshop.

I have a budget of around 600 quid... was thinking of preowned swarovskis in my local gunshop.

Then you've already made the best decision of your life. Buy the Swaro's and live happily ever after.
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

Look in classifieds...pair of 8x42 Leicas! Nice bins.

Quote Originally Posted by digger9523 View Post
    Then you've already made the best decision of your life. Buy the Swaro's and live happily ever after.
    +1 . Job done
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Ziess conquest h d - give swillington a call for game fair offers

Give Chill123 a PM he was selling a good pair of Ziess for only £400 (Bargain)

That's what I did x2. I have a mint pair of 8x20 slc and 8x56 slcs.

For £600 you should be able to get something really good.

Oh, and Swarovski have service second to none. I bought a second hand Habicht scope and enquired about buying a cleaning cloth and bikini covers that were missing. They sent me them foc.
    Last edited by Irish Bob; 16-09-2013 at 20:36.