Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Geese

Geese

Whilst I put the dogs out last night I heard my first sounds of flighting geese high overhead. Yes, Autumn is well and truly here now what with migrating geese and the roaring stags both heralding a time for plenty of sport with rod, rifle and gun.

Yes, I've been alerted to geese opportunity now on Anglesey, way south of you donsider. Cheers, K

Paul
    Saw a very large "V" of them heading toward Strathbeg on Sunday 8th Sept. Got to be the earliest I've seen them.
    Alan

They are bouncing about everywhere here on Anglesey, will hopefully be under them again this weekend.

Aye first of the big skiens over head last night using the NE winds to bring them down from Iceland about a week early.

Bod

Quote Originally Posted by ems bach View Post
    They are bouncing about everywhere here on Anglesey, will hopefully be under them again this weekend.
    i think the other Gent's are talking about migratory Geese eg Pinkfooted Geese and to be honest im not aware of these in Anglesey but good luck getting under what i would think are Feral Grey-Lag and Canada. A few Pink's have been around in Lincolnshire and Norfolk since the 8th Sept

The Pinkies are due here on or about the 15th and weve not seen any yet....mild winter on the way perhaps?
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Doh!! Duplicate post!
    Last edited by merlin; 17-09-2013 at 14:41. Reason: I'm a chump.....
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

.....I'm working from home today (just got SD on in the background, honest....), and I've literally just glanced out of the office window on the top floor to see a skein of 40 or so wafting through the sky.

I'm fortunate to live in apart of the world where we usually get lots of geese, and I do think that there is something quite special about being able to look up and see wave after wave of them flying overhead, honking as they go, especially later in the day and towards the evening.
    Last edited by merlin; 17-09-2013 at 14:42.
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Well they hadn't arrived this morning but looking across the marsh right now and skein after skein are flighting out to the low water marks.
    wonderful sight and sound.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks