Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need shipping company to send Red Deer heads/antlers to US from Scotland

Need shipping company to send Red Deer heads/antlers to US from Scotland

I am trying to find a good shipping company near Edinburgh airport, or in Perthshire, or near Dundee, that is experienced in shipping prepared red deer heads with antlers by air freight. Do any of you have experience in shipping to international clients, friends or stalkers? I also need to either pack them myself or hire someone to do it.
    The airlines used to let us check them in as baggage, but now they either do not allow it or their fees are over the top.
    I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Where are they now and how many?

See below, perhaps they can arrange for it to be collected from where it is located at the moment?
    Worth a call.

Martin Aries
    General Manager
    Rainbow Freight Services Ltd
    Unit X, Mill Mead,
    Staines,
    Middlesex TW18 4UQ
    United Kingdom
    Tel: +44 (0) 1784 455356
    Fax: +44 (0) 1784 455350

Cheers
    Richard

Hi PKL and Richard, Thanks for the replies. The antlers are walking around on the hill, getting ready for the rut. If all goes well, we will have five sets, all boiled out and tines protected by garden hose and tape, to ship home to the US. I hope to deliver them to a freight company before flying home from EDI. I have asked around somewhat, but I thought some of you avid stalkers might have a tip for me.
    ​Thanks, Jon

I had mounts sent to Alaska with this company had to do all the crating up myself
    Forward Freight :: Your Complete Freight Forwarding Solution

Dear johndeere. There are so many companies, and they represent a lot of carriers. Thanks for the info. Jon

+1 for Rainbow. They did a good job for me with stuff from South Africa, although the latest taxidermist I am using out there said that DHL was his choice.

Thanks for that, Goathunter! Is there a local freight office anywhere in Perth? There must be, given the businesses there. Just thinking I don't need to carry them to the airport. Jon

Rainbow Freight mate. Talk to Martin and he will arrange it for you.
    Cheers
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Blumb View Post
    I am trying to find a good shipping company near Edinburgh airport, or in Perthshire, or near Dundee, that is experienced in shipping prepared red deer heads with antlers by air freight. Do any of you have experience in shipping to international clients, friends or stalkers? I also need to either pack them myself or hire someone to do it.
    The airlines used to let us check them in as baggage, but now they either do not allow it or their fees are over the top.
    I appreciate your help. Thank you.
    If you are still looking for a shipper let me know,I have been involved in moving for a number of years.
    Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.