Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolt Holster

Bolt Holster

Useful thing to have or unnecessary bit of kit?
    I think it might serve a purpose when travelling long distances, but I know that I can manage without.
    Opinions please

Got one. Never use it. That said there have been a few occasions when I wished I had. Am pleased I have it but don't really value it if that makes sense.

for me it would be a disaster as i would be bound to lose the bolt, i keep mine with the rifle, I have heard so many times of people leaving or losing the bolt, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

For what they cost it gives you a chance to separate the bolt from the rifle if the need arises & is kinder to the bolt than rattling around in your pocket.

Probably the most useless purchase you will ever make... Some stuff for sale is a bit like fishing tackle, it catches more mugs than fish.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Probably the most useless purchase you will ever make... Some stuff for sale is a bit like fishing tackle, it catches more mugs than fish.
    Lets hope no one relieves you of your vehicle with your rifle in it with the bolt in. I've witnessed a 4x4 stolen from outside a forestry commission office in the middle of the day.

I have one that was made to measure by JasonH on this site. Apart from being beautiful it's very useful when I travel with the rifle, that way the bolt is separate AND I'm unlikely to lose it. Also useful on the range. Out in the field, no, it's not useful, but it's in transit that it comes into its own. And of course it protects the bolt from scratches, knocks and so on. The useless item that I have is the equally lovely bullet pouch. Much as I love matching leather accessories, I just don't ever need an extra five rounds...

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    I have one that was made to measure by JasonH on this site. Apart from being beautiful it's very useful when I travel with the rifle, that way the bolt is separate AND I'm unlikely to lose it. Also useful on the range. Out in the field, no, it's not useful, but it's in transit that it comes into its own. And of course it protects the bolt from scratches, knocks and so on. The useless item that I have is the equally lovely bullet pouch. Much as I love matching leather accessories, I just don't ever need an extra five rounds...
    Matching leather accessories?

My bolt sits in the ammo cabinet, out of the rifle and in one of these. When travelling, the bolt is in my pocket, in one of these, so it's stops any damage and general sh*t getting anywhere near it.

Just an opinion, but I swear by them
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Matching leather accessories?
    Yeah, matching leather accessories: http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...l=1#post535934