Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Independence

Scottish Independence

Hi Everbody
    I see on the news that the vote for Scottish Independence takes place in a years time.
    I was wondering what implications if any this would have on stalking rights etc?

be good for the deer as anyone with any sense will leave!
    be bad for everything else including shooters as Kenny "nutjob" McKaskill will be one step closer to implementing zero firearms policy

I see more and more propaganda including bumper stickers and hoodies with "Yes" on them.
    clearly no-one with any more advanced maths than my 4 year old has looked at the books.

"We have no national industry to speak of yet we are going to raise billions from raised corporation taxes"
    Can anyone spell "Offshore Status operating from within Scotland"

Don't think it will make a great deal of difference to leases etc, its true that some in the SNP would like tighter control on firearms air gun licensing for one but that is more than likely to happen whether we become independent or not.

What some forget is the SNP is a only vehicle for independence if we become independent and that is still a big if
    there will be a transitional period, and there is still some debate about how long that period will be, but as a democratic country there will need to be a general election and SNP will only be one of the party's after your vote.

It could be argued that if we get independence the SNP will have filled their roll and no longer be of any great relevance.

In reality in answer to your question who really knows it will depend on whether the population choose to go independent or not.

And if they do then the type of government they want to run the country.

" The Heart" v "The Head" - - interesting times !

JR
    " not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "

Have a lot friends in Scotland and I think it's a bad idea to vote yes for Independance. SNP are but the instigators for it and like it's been said once thir goal has been achieved they serve little or no purpose. Trouble is if/when it happens and it doesn't work out where will Alex Salmond and his cronies be?

Vote NO!!! Once it's done there's probably no going back and if there was at what cost!

I can't see why anyone is worrying about what Alex Salmond will do if independance is voted in?
    It's quite obvious that he will crown himself as the True King of Scotland!

As everyone knows Alex and his mob are only after going in the history books as the men who got independence

Quote Originally Posted by tom reveley View Post
    As everyone knows Alex and his mob are only after going in the history books as the men who got independence
    ​Thats exactly what it's about, there's no happy ending here I don't think.

Exactly.
    I,for one,will certainly be looking at moving back down south if the yes vote wins.I cannot see any good coming out of the likes of Salmond having even more power than he already seems to wield

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    What some forget is the SNP is a only vehicle for independence if we become independent and that is still a big if
    there will be a transitional period, and there is still some debate about how long that period will be, but as a democratic country there will need to be a general election and SNP will only be one of the party's after your vote.

It could be argued that if we get independence the SNP will have filled their roll and no longer be of any great relevance.
    Salmond, deliver independence as a service to his countryman then retire from grubby politics and get a proper job and earn some money? That might be Nigel Farage's plan. Salmond, I suspect, models himself more along the lines of Fidel Castro.