Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best practice download?

best practice download?

Being a tight arse (and having access to decent printers at work) I plan on downloading and printing
    a best practice manual.

I have looked on the websites and I can download each section individually. This would be a complete ball ache.
    So I was wondering if anyone has an electronic copy of the whole thing?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by scubadog View Post
    Being a tight arse (and having access to decent printers at work) I plan on downloading and printing
    a best practice manual.
    Don't be such a cheapskate, spend £15 for a lifetime's subscription to the original and best at http://bestpracticeguides.org.uk/subscription-temp

And don't risk a disciplinary for abusing your company's trust, which will cost them far more in materials than the SNH asking price.

You will get a fat ringbinder stuffed with high gloss laminated sheets of impeccable quality, as well as a perpetual free update service.

I have already received two deliveries of updated and new sections this year, the latest only last week.

I know (from the horses mouth) that the printing alone costs the Scottish Government at least three times the subscription price. As an English tax payer I see this as a small but welcome return for the subsidy I pay them.

£15?
    add the vat and postage and its £25!
    I have adequate printing resources and ring binder equiptment stuff that work allow me to use!

CJM thanks, I already found the website. Was just hoping someone had the whole thing in one file or folder rather than having to go and download each section individually.

£15? add the vat and postage and its £25! I have adequate printing resources and ring binder equiptment stuff that work allow me to use! CJM thanks, I already found the website. Was just hoping someone had the whole thing in one file or folder rather than having to go and download each section individually.
    No it is not. The gentlemen at the QUANGO and somewhat shady organisation that is Deer Initiative are charging that for their (I'll choose my words carefully) ripped off copy with no ongoing updates.

Buy the real thing from SNH and it will cost you exactly £15 including VAT, postage, packing, etc. Including lifetime updates. Postage alone costs them at least £5.

Follow my link to the subscription form and read it. Ignore any "Deer Initiative" distractions.

"Subscription requires a one-off £15 fee. " and "When you subscribe to the Guides you will receive updates, new guides and information about Best Practice Events and Workshops"

If you still want to be cheap, you can download all the stuff from http://bestpracticeguides.org.uk/guides and print it out for yourself, but you will be wasting your time, effort and life to make an inferior copy at quite some expense to your employer. And you won't get the lifetime updates, or invites to (generally free) Best Practice events, etc. etc.

You can lead a horse to water ...
    Last edited by Sharpie; 20-09-2013 at 15:19.

£15 well spent for a fully laminated copy of Best Practice Guides and any future updates, money well spent. to SNH. Would cost you more in man hours to photocopy.

£15?
    add the vat and postage and its £25!
    I have adequate printing resources and ring binder equiptment stuff that work allow me to use!

CJM thanks, I already found the website. Was just hoping someone had the whole thing in one file or folder rather than having to go and download each section individually.

+1 for the SNH Best Practice Guides.

The quality is outstanding.

Think the postage was £9 when I got mine, TBH I wouldn't mine paying that on top of the £15.

Totally agree, its the best £15 you could spend and the updates are regular and FREE you will be pleased to hear!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    No it is not. The gentlemen at the QUANGO and somewhat shady organisation that is Deer Initiative are charging that for their (I'll choose my words carefully) ripped off copy with no ongoing updates.

Buy the real thing from SNH and it will cost you exactly £15 including VAT, postage, packing, etc. Including lifetime updates. Postage alone costs them at least £5.

Follow my link to the subscription form and read it. Ignore any "Deer Initiative" distractions.

"Subscription requires a one-off £15 fee. " and "When you subscribe to the Guides you will receive updates, new guides and information about Best Practice Events and Workshops"

If you still want to be cheap, you can download all the stuff from http://bestpracticeguides.org.uk/guides and print it out for yourself, but you will be wasting your time, effort and life to make an inferior copy at quite some expense to your employer. And you won't get the lifetime updates, or invites to (generally free) Best Practice events, etc. etc.

You can lead a horse to water ...

Rather than spending time downloading and printing, spend the time shooting a deer, that will cover the cost plus leave you some beer money
    a best practice manual.

I have looked on the websites and I can download each section individually. This would be a complete ball ache.
    So I was wondering if anyone has an electronic copy of the whole thing?

Thanks in advance.