Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what quad to buy

what quad to buy

Hi all was thinking of buy a quad, have about 2500 to spend,depending on what make you buy has a lot to do with what condition you get and year you get, so has anybody any thoughts on what to get, make, year, condition and engine size . Its for getting red deer of the ground as a wee bit big to dragging to far. THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by big cat View Post
    Hi all was thinking of buy a quad, have about 2500 to spend,depending on what make you buy has a lot to do with what condition you get and year you get, so has anybody any thoughts on what to get, make, year, condition and engine size . Its for getting red deer of the ground as a wee bit big to dragging to far. THANKS
    I've just got an 2006 Yamaha grizzly 450 not seen it yet, come home next weekend when my mate comes stalking and I paid 2200 apparently it pulls like a train.

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Buy a honda best of the best never any trouble getting spares if you need them ours are on the farm everyday and trouble free

try get a forman i had a yam'bruin but it was't as good as my mates honder

+ 1
    for Honda use it 7 days a week winter and summer had a few others and they don't last like a Honda
    ​norma

Hondas by far the best out there.

I've got a 2008 Yamaha Grizzly 450. Mostly gets used for carrying about wheat to feed pheasants, towing a trailer on shoot work days, fencing, and suchlike jobs over some pretty steep and muddy fell land. Never gets stuck, never misses a beat, so as long as it's in reasonable nick you won't go wrong with it. Hondas always get rave reviews as well from everyone I've spoken to who has one. Steer clear of diesel ones, they are heavier and apparently less reliable. Kawasaki ones are okay, but not as good, same with Suzuki. Some people have Can Am quads, they do all sorts of engine sizes, you can get two-seater jobs as well, but although they will do the job as a working quad, they're more a lifestyle accessory it seems. I'd stick to Yamaha or Honda.

Honda 100%. Don't waste your money on anything else.

As for engine size, anything around 400cc should do fine.

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    I've just got an 2006 Yamaha grizzly 450 not seen it yet, come home next weekend when my mate comes stalking and I paid 2200 apparently it pulls like a train.
    Go for the Honda ...it pulls like a 14 year old boy!
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

সাম্বার হরিণ