Shooting club

Or come to Bisley and join us. We shoot once a month, 100 in the morning and out to 1000 in the afternoon, depending on what people want. Every 3 months we shoot 300yd Mcqueens in the afternoon.

Or come to Bisley and join us. We shoot once a month, 100 in the morning and out to 1000 in the afternoon, depending on what people want. Every 3 months we shoot 300yd Mcqueens in the afternoon.
Sounds good to me what day do you normally go and date ?
whats sort of money we talking ?
also can you use expanding ammo ?

Sounds good to me what day do you normally go and date ?
whats sort of money we talking ?
also can you use expanding ammo ?
normally third sunday of the month, cost £12-18 for the day depending on numbers, expanding ok for zeroing most use FMJ's for cost

FMJ = Full Metal Jacket

I too would be interested to hear where it can be acquired from?

The only time expanding is not allowed is in official competition, as we don't shoot any official comps, its not a worry for the majority. We have a good cross section of members, most of whom are hunters. A friendly bunch, with good banter thrown in for free :D

you could join Grove small arms club ,we shoot at Barton road nr Cambridge just off the m11 out to 1200 yrds and the mod ranges at Stanta etr (dropping targets when hit) good fun out to 900 yrds or more and as close as 100 yrds near Norfolk a real good bunch of guys a lot of stalkers and foxer and some just like to shoot paper of metal targets also spud is a member so reloading stuff is no problems , what .cal rifle as to you needing fmj's? amax i use my hunting loads as iam always zeroing lol its for fun so no real comps just live into empty cases is the rule :thumb:
Membership queries should be directed to:secretary@grovesmallarms.org

Last edited:
+1 on Grove. Used to work with someone who shot at this place and he was a very happy bunny.

Back