Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What does Bump mean ?

Bump???

Someone please explain this term to me? I'm new to this.

Blaven,

It's a method of raising a post to the top of a pile such that it attracts attention to something that is usually time critical. Any reply to the post would achieve it but it's a means for the Original Poster to Bump it to the top.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Blaven,

It's a method of raising a post to the top of a pile such that it attracts attention to something that is usually time critical. Any reply to the post would achieve it but it's a means for the Original Poster to Bump it to the top.

Stan
    Is that correct??, I took it mean that the person interested, or has bid for an item has renaged on their offer, or has not followed it through. I would like to know as Blaven does if what you define as BUMP is correct, Iam always willing to learn, and no offence meant, or intended Smullery

patrickt

Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    Is that correct??, I took it mean that the person interested, or has bid for an item has renaged on their offer, or has not followed it through. I would like to know as Blaven does if what you define as BUMP is correct, Iam always willing to learn, and no offence meant, or intended Smullery

patrickt
    Smullery is correct - which is why I "bumped" a post earlier, looking for an shot out Sako 75

Cheers
    iain
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by blaven View Post
    Someone please explain this term to me? I'm new to this.
    Thanks Guys for that info

either that or you walked into a deer and bumped it?

Good to see no-one has given the secret code away

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    Smullery is correct - which is why I "bumped" a post earlier, looking for an shot out Sako 75

Cheers
    iain
    you see... you do learn every time you come on this site, many thanks for that .....bump

What does Bump mean ?

Bit thick but what the feck does Bump mean ?

bump
    "There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942