Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weight loss

weight loss

after boiling out a roe i shot a couple of weeks ago with a full scull it weighs in at 730grms,so as a rough guide how much could it lose in 90 days[img][/img]
    atb paul

hi ,

first i must comment on a fantastic trophy , as for weight iwould say about 10 % wouldn be too far out ! so you should still be looking at a big madal !

cheers lee

YOWZER ,

that looks a cracker, some length to it. What length are the antlers and is it a six pointer or more?

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5
    hi ,

first i must comment on a fantastic trophy , as for weight iwould say about 10 % wouldn be too far out ! so you should still be looking at a big madal !

cheers lee
    thanks for the info,should hold for gold then
    atb paul

Quote Originally Posted by jingzy
    YOWZER ,

that looks a cracker, some length to it. What length are the antlers and is it a six pointer or more?
    average length is 28cm,it has 7 points 4 and 3,its the first good buck i've shot so hopefully he'll make gold
    atb paul

It's going to be more than 10%. I'm used to looking at weight loss for long nose cut heads and 10% loss can be expected in about 2 or 3 weeks. It may be as much as 15% or more when it has not been cut. If you really want to know quickly, try phoning any of the guys who do medal scoring there's a list of the BASC ones on the BASC web site ....or wait for 90 days!

Quote Originally Posted by countrysports5
    It's going to be more than 10%. I'm used to looking at weight loss for long nose cut heads and 10% loss can be expected in about 2 or 3 weeks. It may be as much as 15% or more when it has not been cut. If you really want to know quickly, try phoning any of the guys who do medal scoring there's a list of the BASC ones on the BASC web site ....or wait for 90 days!
    i only asked the question to give me an idea of how much it could lose ....and i will be waiting 90 days to find out!

update,the head came in at 139.65 cic points for a gold medal,also had a cwd measured that came in at 204 cic points for a silver medal.
    atb paul

Great result! Can you tell us how much weight did it lose?

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by glogin
    Great result! Can you tell us how much weight did it lose?

Greg
    hello mate,the weight came in at 638g
    atb paul