Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not enough time

Not enough time

Don't know about most of you guys but I find it harder and harder to find the time to get regular shooting sessions under my belt , between work , family etc time just seems to be at a premium just now , I am desperate just for a full days undisturbed shooting
    Enjoy yourself ........it's later than you think !!

Quote Originally Posted by varmint223 View Post
    Don't know about most of you guys but I find it harder and harder to find the time to get regular shooting sessions under my belt , between work , family etc time just seems to be at a premium just now , I am desperate just for a full days undisturbed shooting
    Sound familiar to me

I gave up on the full day thing a long time ago. You've got to make up for it with more early mornings and evenings which can normaly be fitted in around things , that's the beauty of deer stalking. If you've got small kids its difficult but its not like that for ever.

I typically manage 2-3 hours on a Saturday working around family stuff, but generally only if I take one of the kids with me. On the plus side, my daughter (8) loves every minute and it's rapidly becoming special Daddy/Daughter bonding time. My son whose 5 is really a little too young, but pesters and pesters, constantly. Precious times, the kids grow up so quickly and having them share my passion for shooting is priceless (much to the consternation of their mother - who to be fair is very understanding and would never stop them coming with me).

Enjoy the kids company. My lad will be 23 this year, he started going out with me when he was 5 and loves shooting. I really don't know where the past 18 years went time seems to have flown by in a heartbeat.

That's the joy of having a young family, and the memories of watching them grow up. Having been so busy with clients and a full diary up to Christmas and into the end of January I look forward to being at home for a rest
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by chris .222 View Post
    Sound familiar to me
    +1

Same here. I was planning on going pigeon shooting yesterday first thing but the other half wanted to go to the gym so it was decided that I would go this morning. However my 18 month old twins had different plans and got me up at 5.30. I will now pencil it in for Wednesday so lets hope they are still feeding on the same fields. My deers numbers have also gone down to a quarter of what they have done pre twins but I wouldn't be with out them. On the plus side my five year old girl is showing an interest in fishing and keeps on at me to go rabbit hunting (thanks Elma).

Should always make time for leisure, all work and no play will make Jack a very ill boy.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by yorksjt View Post
    Same here. I was planning on going pigeon shooting yesterday first thing but the other half wanted to go to the gym so it was decided that I would go this morning. However my 18 month old twins had different plans and got me up at 5.30. I will now pencil it in for Wednesday so lets hope they are still feeding on the same fields. My deers numbers have also gone down to a quarter of what they have done pre twins but I wouldn't be with out them. On the plus side my five year old girl is showing an interest in fishing and keeps on at me to go rabbit hunting (thanks Elma).
    What was your other half doing at 5.30 this morning??
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.