Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Z6 Ballistic Turret

Z6 Ballistic Turret

As above, those of you who use it, does it work and what are your experiences of it's accuracy please???

​Thanks

cant fault it

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    cant fault it
    +1 sees me out to 500 yards hits

Having not used one, how does the system work compared to tactical turrets?

Only used mine once whilst out stalking, generally at the ranges I want to shoot I would have preferred some hold-over marks as I end up compensating myself as I never have time to faff about with it.. I can see its place if you shoot at long ranges but for me it is a bit of a waste.

Its a good system and works well once set up for your ammo type/weight etc. Its just the same as a target turret but you do not have windage turret. The windage turret on the scope does have a zero stop on it but its not really designed as a target turret.

Im ruuning a Z3 with the ballistic reticle. I looked at the Ballistic Turret but thought the BRX reticle would be less hassle. No need to change turret settings just point and shoot. So far Ive had excellent results out to 300 with my shots landing around an inch away from POA.

Nutty

Quote Originally Posted by Jager SA View Post
    Having not used one, how does the system work compared to tactical turrets?
    There is a cracking vid on you tube on how it works and setting up.

Nutty

Quote Originally Posted by nuttyspaniel View Post
    .....I looked at the Ballistic Turret but thought the BRX reticle would be less hassle. No need to change turret settings....
    ​+1 on this approach. I carry the attached .pdf on my phone. However I very rarely refer to it. Regards JCS

I looked into the BT but went normal with BR reticule and have spent time at the range to write up the blobs and lines...

This works for me as I only use the one ammo, but would look at it again if i were to adopt a couple of additional weights, so that I could have different zeros for each weight (even at different distances) then combine that with a BR reticule for the distance work
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)