Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timespan for variation in Grampian

Timespan for variation in Grampian

Quick one folks, anybody got an idea of how long it's currently taking for Police Scotland to do a variation (additional caliber) in Grampian ?

Before April they were only about a week or so, good and quick.

I put one in July time. Handed it in on the Thursday and had it back on the Tuesday or Wednesday, have always found the former Grampian team to be spot on and quick to contact you if anything needs clarification.

Just make sure you ask who the cheque is to be made out to because my mate got a call asking if he could send a new one to them as he had put Grampian Police so they couldn't accept it when he put in for a variation for additional calibre.

Cheers folks, should get the new toy before I have to go bobbing about on the ocean waves again

Or perhaps not, FEO reckons hopefully within a fortnight. Seems the single force has impacted on the firearms dept resources.

Pfffft, next week "we should get round to it" I am informed. No new toy this time home then...
    Shouldn't grumble I suppose, I know other areas wait months.

I would imagine it will be staff cut backs accompanied by that everything is now dominated by the former Strathclyde force area, crap situation - cheers Alex, that one force thing you pushed through has saved loads of money so far eh??
    Last edited by Mick9abf; 04-10-2013 at 08:09.

Aye, apparently only one poor quine dealing with all firearms stuff, and her boss saying he's not sure if he's helping or hindering by trying to help.
    As for Alex, I wouldn't p*** on him if he was on fire.

And it's here, arrived yesterday. So that's only three weeks, no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Malxwal View Post
    Aye, apparently only one poor quine dealing with all firearms stuff, and her boss saying he's not sure if he's helping or hindering by trying to help.
    As for Alex, I wouldn't p*** on him if he was on fire.
    Now then, how many on here will have a clue what you mean by 'poor quine'!!!